miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Users' IDs on Members list page + updating language pack + setting default language

Author detox
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 7 Aug 2015 15:54 
Hello,

first of all, thanks a lot for miniBB which has been extremely helpful and also thanks for your integration with us on this forum! I love it and will recommend it to anyone seeking for a simple forum :-)

I have found almost everything I needed to do on my forum from "Moderator" name change, approving registered members before they can use the forum to hiding the forum's content to random visitors. I haven't found a few things though. Is it possible to has the members' IDs shown on Members list page? At the moment I can see their user name, date of registration, country, www and ICQ. I would like to add IDs to this record table. Is it possible?

And one more thing. How can I add new fields into my language file? This guy had the same issue, but from what he wrote I didn't quite get how he achieved it. The forum is called "French language pack - missing "Mark All Messages As Read" translation".

Also (one last), how do I set my language file as a default one? When I log in the forum is in Czech, but when I log out it switches back to English. Our target group is one of the younger ones who might get in trouble with English language and I'd rather add fields into my cze.php file than rewriting the original files from English to Czech (in case someone chose to use English version).

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Regards

M.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 8 Aug 2015 12:36 
detox:
Is it possible to has the members' IDs shown on Members list page? At the moment I can see their user name, date of registration, country, www and ICQ. I would like to add IDs to this record table. Is it possible?
Yes, it's possible. Try to add {$userId} to the templates/addon_members_cell.html .

detox:
How can I add new fields into my language file?
Edit /lang/eng.php or whatever your language pack is named (maybe cze.php), add new variables to the end of it in the manner like other vars are provided. Make sure you backslash the apostrophe, if it's used. Then save the file back to the server. Add-ons may have their standalone language packs, so you need to translate whatever is put in default English.

detox:
how do I set my language file as a default one?
Edit setup_options.php --> change $lang='eng'; to $lang='cze'; or whatever language pack you use (you need to put the 3 letters name of it with no .php extension).

Author detox
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 8 Aug 2015 14:14 
Paul
I got it all working. Thank you so much for your help! Greatly appreciated.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Users' IDs on Members list page + updating language pack + setting default language
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑