Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#16 | Posted: 21 Jan 2012 12:37 
Thanks Tom, perfect ;o)

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#17 | Posted: 23 Jan 2012 12:03 
Whatever I have to note, is that on my end, capMenu's font-size property purely works. If I make the font larger, it also becomes larger in the forums menu. Adding font-size property to the A tag definition, as tom suggested, works the same way.

It may be really up to your customization. Try to have a slightly unmodified version and test how it works, before trying to understand what you did wrong.

Author tom322
Registered
#18 | Posted: 23 Jan 2012 17:03 
Paul:
capMenu's font-size property purely works

For me it works too ;). It's most likely related to another CSS class inside this area. But that's the issue of customization.

Author Steve Shaw
Registered
#19 | Posted: 23 Jan 2012 18:16 
I agree there must be something wrong somewhere with my customisation - but I can't see it yet.

I will keep looking and report back.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#20 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 04:24 
Steve Shaw:
Changing capMenu font size has no effect at all

The font size defined for td.capMenu affects only non-hyperlinked text in the cell; to adjust the size of hyperlinked text in the cell, modify the font size in the following rule:
.capMenu A:link, .capMenu A:visited, .capMenu A:active, .capMenu A:hover {text-decoration:none;color:#000000;font-size:value;}

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#21 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 11:24 
marsbar:
The font size defined for td.capMenu affects only non-hyperlinked text in the cell

IF the font-size is not defined in A elements, then it should work for any text present. At least this is something I remember from CSS structure :)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#22 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 13:06 
Paul:
IF the font-size is not defined in A elements, then it should work for any text present. At least this is something I remember from CSS structure :)

Yes: if no font-size is specified for .capMenu a: elements, then the links should inherit the font size of its parent (td.capMenu). However, when that fails for some reason--such as in Steve's case--the quick way around the problem may just be ...

either:

1) specify font size for .capMenu a: elements

or

2) if font size for td.capMenu is already specified, explicitly specify "font-size: inherit" for .capMenu a: elements.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#23 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 13:59 
Or as written above 3) Analyze the customized code and investigate why it doesn't inherit the font-size property at the time when it should :)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#24 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 15:03 
Paul:
Or as written above 3) Analyze the customized code and investigate why it doesn't inherit the font-size property at the time when it should :)

Yes, getting to the bottom of the problem would the way to go to find a solution instead of a workaround. :-)
The font size declared in the a:link rule in Steve's lightillusion.css, which is loaded after his miniBB stylesheet), may be the culprit here.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#25 | Posted: 24 Jan 2012 16:45 
Yes, if CSS is loaded after, there may come something from here... Anyway, a simple (temporary) solution may also work out.
Thanks for your suggestions!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / "Subject" has a strange mouse-over effect Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB