miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

problem with preview add-on

Author ragsna
#1 | Posted: 3 Feb 2008 05:50 
Hi there,

I have a problem with the preview addon.
The preview window does not open in a blank window.
There is the layout from the "Main" Forum window inside.
Normally I would like to have a blank, white background only in the preview window, just like here tested.

Any suggestions ?

Tnx and regards
--
ragsna

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 3 Feb 2008 20:37 | Edited by: marsbar 
ragsna wrote: The preview window does not open in a blank window.

That is odd; I am using v.2.0.1 of the plug-in, and the preview window opens in its own separate window for me.

ragsna wrote: There is the layout from the "Main" Forum window inside. Normally I would like to have a blank, white background only in the preview window, just like here tested.

Option 1 - the quick and dirty way:
Open the template file for the plug-in (i.e. addon_preview2.html located in your miniBB's templates directory) in a plain text editor, change <body class="gbody"> to <body>, save and then upload the updated file.

Option 2:
Edit your forum's stylesheet and either update .gbody or create a new class just for the preview window.

All best -
mb

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#3 | Posted: 4 Feb 2008 04:24 
There is the layout from the "Main" Forum window inside
- what do you mean? Are your forums running in iframe?

Then you would need to modify JS functions of this add-on... I can't give the precise answer because this is a custom question related only to your site.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / problem with preview add-on Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB