miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Private Forum w/ no reading posts

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 22 Jul 2007 23:25 
I have read all the making private forum posts but none do what I really want. I want to make forum 11 private only to registered users, I want unregistered users to see it in the list and to see the topics in the Latest Discussions but not be able to read and if they click on a topic or the forum bring them to a Sign In screen. I came close with adding $show=TRUE; to bb_func_vforum.php and $clForums=array(11);
$clForumsUsers[11]=array(); to bb_specials.php but they couldn't see the new topics from that forum in the Lastest Discussion area and when they clicked on the forum a long red error message was posted instead of the sign in screen. Is there an easier way to do this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 24 Jul 2007 11:53 
It seems a custom request and we could provide only paid solution.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Private Forum w/ no reading posts Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB