®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

minibb on localhost with Mamp

Author François
#1 | Posted: 15 Mar 2015 14:02 
Hy,
Woud it be possible to test the soft minibb on localhost with Mamp. I' ve installed on MAMP, it's ok : install.php, instal_database.
To carry on the installation I have to register a registration code on www.minibb.com
J'ai fait les traductions en français du fichier eng.php
After the test, I wish to transfer it on my website.
www.fyrag.com.
Did I should redo the whole installation ?
Thanks

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 15 Mar 2015 14:05 
François:
Woud it be possible to test the soft minibb on localhost with Mamp
I never tried that, but I'm mostly sure it could be possible, if it's about Apache/mySQL/PHP.

François:
To carry on the installation I have to register a registration code on www.minibb.com
Not sure what do you mean. You don't have to register any codes on miniBB website to test the installation or even run the live forum. It's yours for free with no registrations or extra deals.

François:
Did I should redo the whole installation ?
You could configure and test it on localhost even with the pre-filled database.

Then, you only should transfer the database to your new hosting, transfer all files, changes all necessary permissions, and configure miniBB to run with the new database and the domain. You don't have to re-install it, just transfer it properly.

Author Fyrag
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 21 Mar 2015 09:02 
Hello,

Thanks for your answers. I am an amateur in PHP coding.
I installed miniBB. It's ok ! and exactly that I needed : an clean application.

I still have a bug on the back of the password by email at registration. When we registered, we did not return a password by email.
Do I need to change something in bb_func_sendpwd.php, ou others files ?

For begin I created my administrator codes directly into mysql. The time to create my subjects.

Thanks
and Bonjour de Paris.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 21 Mar 2015 11:51 

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 minibb on localhost with Mamp
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑