| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Making $topicAuthor and $postDate appear on main_posts.html

Author lozmatic
Registered
#1 | Posted: 21 May 2012 14:54 
Hi,

Is this easy to achieve?

Id like to add the topic's author and date posted before the first post (where the details appear).

Thanks,

Loz

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 21 May 2012 18:26 
The first post already contains the same information - so I'm not quite sure what to duplicate if for basically in the nearest place?
Anyway you may try to paste {$topicData[3]} (topic poster's name) and {$topicData[8]} (for topic's creation time) in the template, it may work. Also you may use a little code in bb_plugins.php to operate these values, coding a simple add-on by the if($action=='vthread')... condition.

Author lozmatic
Registered
#3 | Posted: 22 May 2012 02:05 
Hi Paul,

My layout is very different from the standard - I have the post's title at the very top in a big font and would like to have the author's name under it (just like you see on news articles, for example).

Thanks for your help - I'll try this later today and think can figure out the bb_plugins'php bit :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 26 May 2012 11:30 
Ok, let me know if it helped.

Author lozmatic
Registered
#5 | Posted: 26 May 2012 13:55 
It worked - thanks :)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Making $topicAuthor and $postDate appear on main_posts.html Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB