miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

logged into my forum as the Administrator

Author mita
#1 | Posted: 7 May 2007 15:52 
Somebody logged into my forum as the Administrator. How to avoid such burglaries? I am using the 2.0 RC5a version.

Author mita
#2 | Posted: 7 May 2007 16:02 
I will add that the person which broke into changed the login name.

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 7 May 2007 17:22 
How to avoid such burglaries?
Use stronger passwords and don't share them with anyone else. After you hire a developer you don't know or trust change passwords too.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 8 May 2007 03:57 

You can be the victim of the hacking attack as well. The version you use is TOO OLD. We highly recommend to upgrade to the latest release. Since 2.0 RC5a we have had some vulnerabilities in the software. Using free open source program, be sure to always update it in time...

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / logged into my forum as the Administrator Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.
miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB