Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

LaTeX tags

Author Mohamed
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 2 Jan 2012 06:22 
Helo ! HAPPY NEW YEAR !

First of all I thank the community for this wonderful cms.
Special thanks to Paull and his colleagues for their work.

I installed the forum minibb for my future site (under construction) : www.tsimaths.com/htmless
and I made the necessary changes to have bbcode latex target to write the equations using tex tags.
Everything works fine except one small detail: When I want to edit a message, I notice that the tex tags are transformed into html code, which is not practical to make the changes.
I wish to have preserved the text as I originally wrote like b and i tags , for example.
If I get an answer to this detail, the forum will be beautiful and easier to use.
Thank you in advance for any help over here

PS : I am beginner in english, please excuse my possible non correct expressions .

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 2 Jan 2012 13:08 
Thanks for greetings, and Happy New Year to you as well.

I'm not sure if Latex codes were created to allow proper editing of the message, this is 3rd party add-on, and most likely you need to contact add-on's authors for that. However if you have modified the original codes, make sure you did it properly. The proper code should be contained in both encodebb() and decodebb() functions of bb_codes.php.

Author Mohamed
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 3 Jan 2012 16:43 
Helo Paull,

During the change I made, I strictly followed the read me of the Rickard Armiento add-on, available on this site.
Indeed, both encodebb() and decodebb() functions are still in the bb_code.php file, but there is not change according to the second function by the add-on.
Following your suggestion, I sent an e-mail to the author and I am waiting.

Thank you very much.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 LaTeX tags
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑