| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

How to create pagination for topics?

Author Dimedrol
#1 | Posted: 16 Aug 2009 04:45 

I'm migrating my very old forum to the MiniBB platform
and got a question:

how can I split my topics list to pages as I can see, for example here -
See, at the top of page there are some pagination controls [1] [2] [3].... ect...

On my forum (the only one forum on site with $viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum=1; option) if I go on the forum page, I see all my topics (several hundreds) together.
It tooks a long time to load.

So, I didn't find this pagination setting in a setup_options.php.

How to do that?

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 17 Aug 2009 00:20 
The pagination setting is under $viewmaxtopic and it doesn't depend if you have $viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum set to 0 or 1. It works for both cases. If $viewTopicsIfOnlyOneForum is set to 1, it only means the script loads the intermediate forum page immediately instead of loading the first page - there is used the same pagination as on any intermediate forum.

Make sure to check this on the clean miniBB installation with no add-ons installed, may be some of the extra codes messes this up.

Author Dimedrol
#3 | Posted: 17 Aug 2009 04:03 
Paul, thanks, I found what it was.
It was my mistake, because I have populated your MySQL tables with my own script and forgot to update field in _forums table of topics count... ;-)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / How to create pagination for topics? Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.
miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB