| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

Freshness of posts - today/yesterday before date-time stamp

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#1 | Posted: 21 Dec 2011 10:36 | Edited by: marsbar 
Hi Paul,
I just noticed something odd on my own miniBB set up:
I posted 2 messages to a private forum in the last hour. The 2 messages were posted less than an hour apart; however, the later message has shown up as being posted "Today, 08:08", and the earlier one "Yesterday, 07:46." Shouldn't both messages be dated "Today"?
Where can I begin to troubleshoot this problem? Any tips/pointers/help will be gratefully received.
-mb

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 21 Dec 2011 10:49 | Edited by: Paul 
You need to check the original date/time set on the server, and how it correlates with your local time.

The script for that is simple, just one string of code:

<?php
echo date('Y-m-d H:i:s');
?>

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#3 | Posted: 21 Dec 2011 11:54 
Thanks, Paul; I've checked; everything seems to be as they should be: the server is on PST (GMT-8), and the forums' local time is GMT+0. $timeDiff is set to 28800. Am missing something obvious here? (It's known to happen!)
-mb

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 21 Dec 2011 14:16 
I think, if you are about the older miniBB, the newer version has the fix for $timeDiff, as it was discussed. The fix is to update bb_functions.php and convert_date function with references.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#5 | Posted: 21 Dec 2011 22:21 | Edited by: marsbar 
Hi again, Paul.

Paul:
I think, if you are about the older miniBB, the newer version has the fix for $timeDiff, as it was discussed.

Thanks for pointing out the existing thread, and sorry for having missed it - need to improve my searching skills! (I should have just looked up 'today/yesterday', not 'today/yesterday date stamp'.)

I'm running miniBB 2.5a; I'll check to make sure the fix is in place and then report back any issues.
Cheers -
mb

Update: Applied fix -> success! :-D

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#6 | Posted: 22 Dec 2011 16:09 
From the search page:
How to search these forums?
Find the one most important keyword in your search term. It could be a partial fragment of a word, to search wider.

;)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / Freshness of posts - today/yesterday before date-time stamp Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB