®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

A few questions need help.

Author craigibhoy
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 14 Dec 2013 17:56 
First of all i want to say thanks for this simple forum script :) now i have 2 problems i have installed the script first time and it went well but i don't have a login feature on my forum i do have a register link, so i tried with a new forum theme i downloaded from here but still no luck.
Second problem i have is this Can not proceed: possible CSRF/XSRF attack!(THAT OCCURS WHEN CREATING A TOPIC) i have searched on here and found other posts regarding it but most relate to upgraded versions, so is there anyway i can get rid of it as i can't even create topics which therefore make me using this forum(as much as i want to use it) pointless but i really want to use this forum *sad face* thanks if anyone can help.(Remember its a first install and not an upgrade)

Author Jaime
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 15 Dec 2013 09:51 
Hello and welcome to the forum,

If you have the forum for the first time and install problems, just try to reinstall via the miniBB Compiler. This ensures that the forum is also installed correctly.

To your other question: You already read that here: Can not proceed: possible CSRF/XSRF attack!? Probably your question is already settled after reinstalling on the compiler, i hope ;-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 15 Dec 2013 09:51 
craigibhoy:
i don't have a login feature on my forum i do have a register link, so i tried with a new forum theme i downloaded from here but still no luck
Forum themes or possibly "skins" can not related at all to the login's appearance. Register link always should appear at the top menu of all forums, not depending on what kind of skin you have installed. Re-installation shamanism also is not the reason here.

craigibhoy:
Can not proceed: possible CSRF/XSRF attack!(THAT OCCURS WHEN CREATING A TOPIC)
We have few dedicated topics on this. Most possibly you are entering your forums with 'www' in front. However they are set up without 'www' in $main_url setting, or otherwise - they are set up like 'www', you are entering them without 'www' - at the time they should only run from the same domain.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 A few questions need help.
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑