miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /   

anyone can view but only member can post

Author fohanlon
Registered
#1 | Posted: 3 Oct 2008 16:20 
Hi Guys,

I am having a bit of trouble trying to figure this out. I am minibb integrate with a members table for the members section of my site. Cookies are generated from the username and password in this members table.

I am tryng to do the following:

Anyone can view all forums and topics but to post you must be a logged in member.

The list of forums and latest topics are appearing but when I click on a forum I get to a page with message "You are not allowed to perform this action."

When I log into my members area I can visit/view all forums and topics.

I have set $allForumsReg=FALSE; but it makes no difference.

I don't know where to find the check that a user is logged in when they click the forum or topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Fergal.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 5 Oct 2008 12:33 
It's impossible to proceed your request by miniBB team because:

1. You didn't provide URL to your website.

2. Without investigation and deep debugging, it's impossible to see what kind of modifications you did wrong. We are providing such support on a paid basis only.

However $allForumsReg must be set to TRUE if you want to enable posting on forums for registered members only.

Author Guest
#3 | Posted: 5 Oct 2008 12:43 
Hi Paul

No problem re paid basis.

How do we proceed with this and is the work costed per hour or per job?

Fergal.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 6 Oct 2008 03:15 
Check our paid support page for this, I hope it explains everything. Then contact us using the contact form provided.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific / anyone can view but only member can post Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB