miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /   

Private forums/Set permissions over forums.

Author unique
#1 | Posted: 3 Sep 2010 19:45 
Hello all, I recently set up my own forum using MiniBB and I got to say that it is pretty awesome, however I have a couple of forums that I dont want to be seen by guests, is there some way to do this? Also related to this, is it possible to make a moderators-only forum?
Sorry if there is already a topic opened for this, but I dont have that much time to check them all now, anyways I will later.
Thanks in advance.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#2 | Posted: 6 Sep 2010 03:06 
I would recommend to take a look at major miniBB options described in Manual first, as always :-)

It's all possible with miniBB. To open certain forums for guests, disable or set to FALSE $allForumsReg option in setup_options.php, then set up $regUsrForums array in bb_specials.php like it's described in Manual, specifying forum IDs.

As for moderators-only forum, you may set up the closed forum, setting up $clForums and $clForumsUsers in the format described.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled / Private forums/Set permissions over forums. Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.
miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB