miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /   

List of topic titles on homepage

Author Pille
Registered
#1 | Posted: 27 Apr 2004 11:51 
I know there are two addons for displaying latest forum topics/news on your homepage (First page news and miniBB 2 Homepage includer). Both are very nice but I am looking for something a bit simpler.

I'll try to explain: I just want to display a list of 5 or 6 topic titles that have been recently replied to. No dates, poster names, views etc., just the titles as links. If a title is longer then (lets say) 22 letters the rest will be cut off and replaced with ... Also there has to be a way to leave out closed forum stuff.

I have some ideas but I'm stuck. Can anyone help?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 27 Apr 2004 14:13 
Almost of the things could be done with First page news. Remove unnecessary fields from HTML template and set a list of forums you want to display topics from.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled / List of topic titles on homepage Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB