| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Intergration

Author droopy41
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 30 Nov 2007 04:03 
Hi all.

I just have a small question:

Is it posible to use this forum with my own database instead?
so that my users, after login can use the forum with the same
details and not need to login again?

Thanks

Droopy

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 30 Nov 2007 04:59 
Here is an existing thread I found in the FAQs section of these forums: "Using my own users db with miniBB". And another one found: "Integrating with existing users database". You will probably find more related threads by doing a search.
All the best -
mb

Author stormie
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 30 Nov 2007 05:12 
database information is stored in a rather standard way, if you are using mqsql or such you may find that the easiest way to do this is to rename your existing database and direct the options.php to it, otherwise you may find with a google search, that mysql or whoever have a tool for transporting data, alterativly of course you could also create or find a script online for this porpose. The other thing that you might be able to do is get the miniBB to referance two databases, or patch the existing database into the one created for your new miniBB instalation - this will require access to the database and some knowledge of how to amend the script....Hope one of these methods helps....if it does drop a line back here....

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 2 Dec 2007 04:15 
The article on how to do this:

miniBB users table information synchronizing with external PHP software users information

We are also providing paid support regarding this topic.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Intergration
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑