miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /   

How to use php in template files?

Author Peter
Registered
#1 | Posted: 10 Jan 2006 05:42 
I've tried to put a php include in main_header.html, but it doesn't work. The include only works when I rename the file to main_header.php, but that of course messes up the system.

Why are the template files called .html? Is there a way to fix this?

If I can't use php includes in the header and footer files, integrating miniBB into my site will become a lot more complicated/cumbersome.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 10 Jan 2006 13:03 
You can use including of any file in bb_plugins.php. After that, store all output in some variable, for example, $output. Then provide {$output} in main_header.html.

Author Florian
#3 | Posted: 9 Feb 2006 15:12 
hi paul,

i wanted to add a php-include file to templates/main_header.html
it only adds some html-code in front of the main forum. my .htaccess is advised to crawl html files like php files. but the only thing my browser does is showing the php source-code. it doesn't include the html source code... why? minibb . info / minibb.html (i inserted the source manualy)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 16 Mar 2006 12:52 
PHP-include will not work in the templates. The only way to display a variable is to give it a value it first within some PHP script, then provide {$variable} tag in the template.

If you want to use dynamic header/footer, look at the options $includeHeader and $includeFooter in setup_options.php.

Author muz1
Registered
#5 | Posted: 11 Jul 2006 21:39 
Hey there.
I am having the same problems. I have done some test code and understand how I need to redefine variables and call them in the template. My problem is that my code is so technical and to try and string it as a variable would be a nightmare. The header I want to generate also includes javascript functions and heaps of other stuff.
I am already getting a headache trying to work out whatI am going to do.
Any ideas.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#6 | Posted: 12 Jul 2006 06:46 | Edited by: Paul 
Take a look at this thread or, as said above, look at the options $includeHeader and $includeFooter, which specify the names of your custom PHP header files.

Overall, we are providing only paid support on custom implementations.

Author Andrewww
Registered
#7 | Posted: 13 Jun 2007 18:43 
You can use including of any file in bb_plugins.php. After that, store all output in some variable, for example, $output. Then provide {$output} in main_header.html.

I would be very grateful if you can tell me the name of function( and file, where it is ), that makes the substitution in templates. I consider it as very nice solution and I am really curiosus how does it work. I hope it is possible to answer my question. Thank you for any answers.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#8 | Posted: 14 Jun 2007 03:51 
bb_functions.php -> ParseTpl()

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled / How to use php in template files? Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB