Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

How to set to view forum rules before users register

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 7 Nov 2009 10:42 
Paul

I wanna make user to view rules of forum before they register.. I mean when they wanna click on "sign up" they see the rules and when they accept it then they be able to sign up..

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 8 Nov 2009 02:04 
Danny2000:
I wanna make user to view rules of forum before they register.
Danny2000, use the "Disclaimer" solution that you can download via the miniBB Downloads page.
- marsbar

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 8 Nov 2009 08:21 
marsbar

thanks man... ;)

I wanna "Sign Up" be shown whenever user log in.. and don't be disappear.. to make user see Disclaimer when he is logged in forum.. (cus when user logged, then user can't see it anymore in menu cap..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 9 Nov 2009 02:50 
You want to make something which we find strange. If you just want to make a link to Disclaimer, you don't have to put the link to Sign Up (or then you would like to allow one user to sign up twice? the thing which everybody's trying to avoid?). The direct link to the disclaimer page is YOUR_FORUMS_URL/index.php?action=tpl&tplName=disclaimer

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 10 Nov 2009 06:13 
Oh I meant other things and I fixed it now.. thanks ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 10 Nov 2009 07:52 
Would be nice to know then, what did you really mean and how you fixed it... else it appears you gave a question and let other to think about it, now you found the answer, but don't let others to know about it. It's a bit selfish ;-)

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 10 Nov 2009 14:27 
Paul

NO man.. it was just a little thing that was funny..

I wanted to add 2 Disclaimer.. one for sign up that I downloaded from your downloading section..

second one I changed it for rules.. to appears same as Disclaimer but not for registering just for viewing the rules of my forum..

now I just added a link in header rules.. and linked it.. and did some thing in plugins..

that's why I didn't write cus I asked stupid and funny question.. hope u understand ;)

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 How to set to view forum rules before users register
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑