miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /   

Admin confirmation of new registration?

Author wilkinsmd
#1 | Posted: 7 Mar 2013 23:47 
My apologies if this has been described already, I've done a lot of searching but have not found exact an description for what I'm trying to do.

I do not allow anonymous posts, you must register to post. I have the CAPTCHA add-on. Even so, I'm getting a lot of spammers.

In setup_options.php I have set:
$emailusers=1;
$genEmailDisable=0;
$closeRegister=1;
$emailadmposts=0;

With these parameters set, when new users register they are sent an e-mail with their password. They can then login and start spamming while I sleep. I do NOT receive an e-mail that anyone has registered.

I would like instead to receive an e-mail when someone tries register. I do not want them to gain access to post until I manually approve or reject them. If it's in the middle of the night, tough, they can wait. Is this possible? I have not found a way.

Thanks for any help!
Mark

Author Jaime
Registered
#2 | Posted: 8 Mar 2013 11:00 
Look here: Administrator approving new users? .. I think it will help you.

Author wilkinsmd
#3 | Posted: 8 Mar 2013 23:58 
Thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 10 Mar 2013 10:39 
Captcha has a different mode when it checks for a code each time when the post is made.
These options are named (in bb_plugins.php) $enableForRegistered and $checkEachRequest, you may try to play with them.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled / Admin confirmation of new registration? Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB