miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Questions regarding modifying registration file of minibb

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 21 Sep 2005 11:50 
Please help me. What are the files to be edited if i want a field like telephone number to be added in the registration page of minibb?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 21 Sep 2005 12:00 
Check this thread on how to add new field to profile.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 23 Sep 2005 02:27 
there is no $dbUserScheme in setup_options.php file. Please help me,. What are the files to be edited when i want to add a new field in the registration form?I want to add a contact field wherein they will input their contact number.Please help me on this matter. Please help me on the step by step procedure. Hoping for your reply. Tnx!

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#4 | Posted: 23 Sep 2005 03:09 
Anonymous wrote: there is no $dbUserScheme in setup_options.php file.

Of course not--but there certainly should be $dbUserSheme on line 89 of miniBB2's setup_options.php.
All the best -
mb

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 23 Sep 2005 10:41 
If $dbUserSheme is not here, you are probably using oldest version of miniBB (1.x). You need to upgrade to the latest version, else new field could be added only rewriting core files, which, I guess, is not that you want.

Author Anonymous
#6 | Posted: 24 Sep 2005 04:18 
tnx!I got it now. One last thing, how can i validate the date field that i added?Because i added a birthdate field, and a telephone number field. How can i validate this field?What are the files to be edited?And also i want the telephone field to be recommended also for the registration.Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 26 Sep 2005 10:01 
Probably, the easiest way of validation is some JavaScript function. Additionally, you may catch necessary $action ('editprefs' or 'register') in bb_plugins.php and add some date checking function here (PHP has one built-in).

Author Anonymous
#8 | Posted: 27 Sep 2005 13:37 
Its me again, i have question. i want also a login page for my homepage wherein if i login in my homepage it will also login into the minibb forum. How can i do that?Whn i login the homepage of my site still must appear. Hoping you could help me on this

Author Team
8-)
#9 | Posted: 27 Sep 2005 14:15 
If you are PHP programmer, no problem to do that - create the same miniBB form as miniBB uses (with the same fields) and then set the cookie in the same format miniBB does.

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Questions regarding modifying registration file of minibb
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑