®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Changing URLs to contain topic and forum titles

Author freshGuy
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 29 Aug 2011 01:34 
The original that i found here on the forum works fine, but i want ex.
when when i go to forum "News" i get to;
localhost/minibb/6_1.html

but i was woundering how to change my rewrite code, so that it shows
localhost/minibb/News-6_1.html
and when i look up a topic at the forum folder News, it shows up like
localhost/minibb/News-TopicName-6_6_1.html

if possible and not making it to hard for myself, even remove the last id parts, so that i just get up
minibb/News.html
minibb/News-Topic-Name-Here.html

insted of
localhost/minibb/6_6_1.html

i managed to "integrate" the website with your forum very easy, tyvm and i wouldnt belive it was so easy. you got a new member that will use, and with time whne i make a good programer of myself i hope i can contribue here :)

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 29 Aug 2011 04:36 
If you put your URL structure to have:

minibb/News-Topic-Name-Here.html

You could in that case get in trouble if your forum would have sooner/later a topic with the same name. So in that case you'd have two topics with identical URL. The system should therefore identify somehow if URL is reserved, and if it is, it should do something... :-) It could do like some automatic numerical addition to the younger URL:

minibb/News-Topic-Name-Here-2.html

This is how I'd do it, if I would know how.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 29 Aug 2011 12:49 
Pay attention to the Keyword-Rich URLs solution we have under Downloads. The solution based on the ver.#2 of this add-on's code, probably stands most closely to what you would like to achieve.

It's not possible to remove ID parts.

Author freshGuy
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 29 Aug 2011 15:55 
tyvm for info, and yeah i thought it so self. that it will mess up the file-structur if f.e. two topics with the same name shows up and i dont have id at end.

tnx Paul it works fine for me now :)

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Changing URLs to contain topic and forum titles
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑