miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /   

Mobile version

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  
Author Rider
Registered
#31 | Posted: 31 Jan 2015 22:38 
Great work. I prefer to wait for the update of the mobile pack Paul is about to launch soon I hope.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#32 | Posted: 31 Jan 2015 23:06 
Sorry for delays - it should come as soon as I have no more works at some day... Hopefully in the next couple of days.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#33 | Posted: 16 Feb 2015 17:55 
I've finally did it.
Rider, and the others, could you check it now please?
I hope it does contain all the proper redirection codes now, and the dynamic links.

Author Rider
Registered
#34 | Posted: 16 Feb 2015 22:20 
Paul:
Rider, and the others, could you check it now please?

10-4 I'm on my way:-)

Author Rider
Registered
#35 | Posted: 16 Feb 2015 23:13 
It's working great now! On my mobile phone I can now switch between full version and mobile version and vice versa, while I stay in the thread where I currently am. Very nice. I ran through the new readme and that also looks good.

So many thanks for your help!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#36 | Posted: 17 Feb 2015 23:14 | Edited by: Paul 
Rider
Thanks for informing me, and I'm glad you solved this riddle finally :)

One question left though. Could you check how subscriptions work?

I.e., if you are subscribed to some topic, AND if you stay on the Mobile Version, closing the mobile browser, AND when you open the link from the subscription email, you should be forwarded to the Mobile URL; and otherwise, the Full forum should be opened if you got back to it previous time.

Does it work on your end that way?

BTW, what the mobile device are you using?

Thanks in advance.

Author Rider
Registered
#37 | Posted: 21 Feb 2015 12:22 
This is how it works on my forum:
I'm subscribed to a topic.
I receive an email with a link which is called something like http://m.[...]
Clicking the link always takes me to the mobile forum, no matter if my last visit was to the full forum or mobile forum.

I guess this is not how it's supposed to work. What I think? Compared to your minibb-forum I notice a difference, which is that in your email notification (like I received for this topic) there is a www-link, while in my email there is an m-link. Maybe that explains how it works differently on my forum.

At this moment I don't know if I misinterpreted something from the manual or if there is something else wrong. I'll go through the manual again to see.

I use a Sony Xperia Z1 mobile phone with Android 4.4.4.

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#38 | Posted: 23 Feb 2015 15:20 
Rider:
I guess this is not how it's supposed to work. What I think? Compared to your minibb-forum I notice a difference, which is that in your email notification (like I received for this topic) there is a www-link, while in my email there is an m-link. Maybe that explains how it works differently on my forum.

Yes, it would mean there's a little mess with $main_url option in your setup_options.php. Make sure this setting is not repeated in a generic manner in this file. Email notifications should be sent only for the primary/basic forum domain (of course, if you have not redefined this rule in email templates - you may check email templates as well for making sure they forward to $main_url).

Yes, it's correct that if you open m-version directly, you are suggested to enter the mobile forum only. That's how it should work.

Author Guest
#39 | Posted: 23 Feb 2015 16:46 
Paul:
Make sure this setting is not repeated in a generic manner in this file.

It isn't. Nor have I changed anything in email templates.
But I can't reproduce the mail notification with the m-link myself. Today I tested it a few times in a few ways, but all times I received only notifications with a www-link, like it should. I received the notification with the m-link when a collegue of mine added a post. I'll have to ask him to try to reproduce it.
For now i'm happy with how it works. If my collegue and I ever find a way to reproduce the m-link, I'll let you know.
Thanks and take care

Author Rider
Registered
#40 | Posted: 23 Feb 2015 16:47 
Ok, I'm the guest:-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#41 | Posted: 23 Feb 2015 18:29 
Guest:
I received the notification with the m-link when a collegue of mine added a post. I'll have to ask him to try to reproduce it.

You may register a temporary /another account for your own, and send message in the same thread to see what happens now :)

It could be a temporary issue as well - while you were working on your forum updates... not sure.

Let me know. Thanks a lot for your patience and providing truly worth information!

Author Jaime
Registered
#42 | Posted: 24 Feb 2015 10:43 
Paul:
... AND when you open the link from the subscription email, you should be forwarded to the Mobile URL; and otherwise, the Full forum should be opened if you got back to it previous time.

Paul, I've tested it with Opera Mobile Browser (My Handy I use to make calls ;-) ) ... And what can I say ... it works exactly as you described!

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#43 | Posted: 24 Feb 2015 14:23 
Jaime
Thanks for testing and confirmation!

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions / Mobile version Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
You are welcome to post anonymously, by entering a nickname with no password (if the similar Username has not been taken yet), or by leaving both fields empty. If you have a forums account, you can also sign in from this page without posting a message, or sign in and post at once.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB