miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

First Page News

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author MasterPoof
#1 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 05:04 
Is there a way for the news hack to display links, bolded text, etc?
It only displays the normal text whether it was a link, bold, italic in the original post.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 22 Feb 2005 11:14 
You need to manually edit the hack, removing substr(strip_tags(... directives.

Author tchurch
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 6 Mar 2005 11:57 
Hi,

I want to change the length of the box that shows the latest postings. Currently is show as if it's a column, but I would like to have it across the whole page.

Can anyone help?

Tim

Author ManFromStreet
#4 | Posted: 6 Mar 2005 20:51 
check the templates coming with the hack. they have fixed sizes. change them to your favor and smile :)

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 6 Mar 2005 20:59 
yes, this is right. the templates are defined as tables and cells and have a fixed width.
e.g. in hack_1stpagenews2.html you find the tag table width=150. remove the width tag or increase the number

Author andmunn
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 05:48 
1 problems i cant' seem to solve on my board:

I want to restrict the amount of "characters" displayed on teh front page of my site using the first page news hack :
i've set it as follows in hack_firstpagenews.php:

$maxTxtLength=25;
However, this produces no changes...any reason why it wouldn't?

So for example, if someone names there topic something really long:
i.e..// "This is a really long topic which is going to ruin my front page".

it would be limited to 25 characters, so would read:
"this is a really long topi..."

or something of that nature- any advice?
Andrew

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 11:11 
This setting affects POST TEXT length, not topic. If you want to limit topic length, edit script itself.

Author andmunn
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 17:01 
Any advice how i could edit this?

Thanks,
Andrew.

Author Team
8-)
#9 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 17:14 
Look for

$topics[$tid]['topic_title']=$res[1];

it should be

$topics[$tid]['topic_title']=substr($res[1],0,25);

for example

Author andmunn
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 28 Mar 2005 05:52 
Works like a charm Team....anyway i could could this to add the frontpage to be lets say 25 characters, and then add 3 dots (...) to the end...

i.e..//
this:
"THis is a long post that needs to be shortened"
would become:
"This is a long post that..."

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 29 Mar 2005 11:03 
So $topics[$tid]['topic_title']=substr($res[1],0,25).'...';

Author Ed Lewis
#12 | Posted: 30 Mar 2005 21:44 
Multiple instances

I have MiniBB setup with 3 forums (1,2,3)

I've got the First page news hack working on my index as a php include showing the most recent topics for forum (1) - News

I also wanted to show the most recent topics or posts for the other two forums seperately (2,3), but although I managed to duplicate the first page hack, I can't operate a second instance on the same page. Any reason why?

I originally planned to use RSS for this role, but it won't work for my server unfortunately, I'm running a complex secured server and it cant pass RSS from itself. Bizarre.

A single instance of first page is fine, as long as it were to sort first by forum and then by topic with labels in between? Do I have any options?

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 30 Mar 2005 21:46 
Hmm, try to rename all 1st page files and edit for other forums id. might be this is a way to create a new instance. It's not really good but should be feasable.

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#14 | Posted: 30 Mar 2005 21:47 
sorry, not renaming, copy under new names ;-)

Author Ed Lewis
#15 | Posted: 30 Mar 2005 23:34 
Hi Fritzek,

I think I tried what you're suggesting - I renamed the .php and found the references to the two html templates and changed those to duplicates as well. This new .php only sought forum (2)

I checked that worked on its own, but when put on the same page as the original .php include, only the first one works. The other doesn't generate any html tags at all.

Unless I got something wrong?

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 First Page News
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑