miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Page  Page 1 of 9:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#1 | Posted: 19 May 2005 09:13 
Manual install of avatar by the Admin

Team, one of our members cannot put her avatar. May I install it manually this way:

1. To name the avatar with her ID and MBB extension.
2. To copy the file to the avatars folder.
3. To enter in her profile through "Edit Profile" and to put an asterisk in the respective field.

And if yes, who could delete the avatar after that? May be it will be changeable only by me?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 19 May 2005 10:09 
It's better to find a solution and clear out, why user can not upload his avatar. In theory, you may do what you described, and it should work; I am only afraid that user will not be able to delete his avatar after that himself, that's all.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#3 | Posted: 19 May 2005 10:15 
I cleared out why :) Because she cannot push two buttons - one after another - and because she is very wondered what do I want to say when I say: "Please empty the cash of IE and try again." :)

In other words, the main problem here is that I cannot go right now to the other end of the country and empty the cash of her browser :)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 19 May 2005 11:44 
If you mean that she was uploaded one avatar, then uploaded another avatar - but still see old avatar on the place, let her to REFRESH her page, putting Shift+F5 combination in Preferences panel.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#5 | Posted: 19 May 2005 15:29 
I'll remember this combination!

Meanwhile I changed her password, entered, put the avatar she wanted, and sent her the password to change it to what she wants :)

Author Moony
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 11:11 
I noticed, as Admin, I cannot edit avatars. How to enable this feature?

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 11:47 
What do you mean by 'editing' avatars?

You may edit user_custom_1 field. If there is a '*', it means - you are using custom uploaded by user avatar. If there is a file name - you are using chosen avatar's image name.

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 11:48 
In general, avatars feature IS created for USERS! Admin can delete some avatars, but why he should specify avatars for users themselves? If you are running a forum for users without hands - how they are typing messages then? :-D

Author Moony
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 11:54 
What I want is this^

Some users do not possess enough skills to make theis own photos good enough for the forum. SO they send theis photos to me. I edit them and upload into their user info. Simple. The same way I upload my photo/avatar.

How to make this possible?

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 13:30 
So, /shared_files/avatars/[USER_ID].mbb - there must be an avatar image with user ID inside. And '*' in user_custom_1 - which makes avatar for this user enabled.

Author Moony
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 2 Jun 2005 15:00 
Thank you!

Author sneefer
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 4 Jun 2005 10:03 
Hi :)
how can I turn off delete avatar admin's option.
In every post I've got an icon to delete users avatar and it makes me mad :P help me :)

Author Team
8-)
#13 | Posted: 4 Jun 2005 22:22 
In bb_plugins code, parseUserInfo_user_custom1() function, comment or remove this line:

if( ($GLOBALS['user_id']==1 or $GLOBALS['isMod']==1) and $im!='') $im.="<acronym title=\"Delete avatar\"><a href=\"{$GLOBALS['main_url']}/{$GLOBALS['indexphp']}action=delAvatarAd min&amp;user={$GLOBALS['cols'][0]}{$addStr}\">&mdash;</a></acronym>";

Author Anonymous
#14 | Posted: 7 Jul 2005 06:11 
My problem: avatar uploads fine and I can see it in the user preferences, but it doesn't show up in the thread? what did I do wrong?

thanks

andy

Author Anonymous
#15 | Posted: 7 Jul 2005 07:49 
never mind. found pot about options add on:

$userInfoInPosts=array($dbUserSheme['user_custom1'][1]);

Page  Page 1 of 9:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑