miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Page  Page 2 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#16 | Posted: 7 Jul 2005 09:05 
A week or two ago I, too, saw this line in a post, but later lost it:

$userInfoInPosts=array($dbUserSheme['user_custom1'][1]);

I searched in the plugin readme, and didn't find it. In my readme there is written:

$userInfoInPosts=array('user_custom1');

I have this exact line in my setup_options.php and it works perfectly.

So, would you explain me why do you use the first one, where, and what difference you receive this way?

Author Team
8-)
#17 | Posted: 7 Jul 2005 15:11 
If you are using default miniBB table structure, there is no difference between two variants. However, users who integrate miniBB with outside users table, must use defined $dbUserSheme array.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#18 | Posted: 7 Jul 2005 15:33 
Thank you!

Author gruffnuts
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 23 Jul 2005 06:19 
OK. after a bit of tweaking I have been able to upload avatars (needed to delete and create "avatars" dir in order to ch perms so it could be accessed) with the avatar plug in.

I can't get the avatars to display for a posting in the forums, instead I get "$l_usrInfo[12]='User Avatar'; " in place of where the pic should be.

Any help on how to fix this so avatars are displayed in forums would be great.

Author gruffnuts
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 23 Jul 2005 06:37 
Update: that line $l_usrInfo[12]='User Avatar' was incorrectly placed in the main_posts_cell.html file. Now it is removed, but I still can't see avatar.

I gather it must be something to do with the line

{$userInfo_user_custom1[$poster_id]} in main_posts_cell.html??

which I have placed in the right place as far as I can see.

Author Team
8-)
#21 | Posted: 23 Jul 2005 12:15 
Don't forget that you must specify avatar's field in $userInfoInPosts array in setup_options.php. And yes - you must paste {$userInfo_user_custom1[$poster_id]} in main_posts_cell.html at the place where avatar should be.

Author gruffnuts
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 23 Jul 2005 15:08 
Thanks Team.

I have this line in setup_options.php:

//$userInfoInPosts=array('user_custom1');

and of course I have the line

{$userInfo_user_custom1[$poster_id]}

in main_posts_cell.html after <br> tag

Is there any other script that determines that avatars are displayed? Should I remove the // from the line above (when I did I got errors)? I seem to be doing everything exactly as suggested in the readme. I have changed the avatars folder name from shared_files but updated this in the relevant files.

The avatars display perfectly in the preferences profile page.

I can post the files concerned? Please help. As soon as I have this done my forum is complete! :|

Author Team
8-)
#23 | Posted: 23 Jul 2005 20:34 
Remove // before //$userInfoInPosts

Author gruffnuts
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 24 Jul 2005 03:37 
Remove // before //$userInfoInPosts

I get this error if I do that:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE...in setup_options.php

(at the line where the userinfoinposts array is).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Author gruffnuts
Partaker
#25 | Posted: 24 Jul 2005 06:36 
Fixed it!
Looking around the forum here and googling the error, it became clear that this error is associated with php syntax errors. Anyway the lines in setup_options.php:

//$registerInactiveUsers=TRUE;
//$mod_rewrite=TRUE;
$enableViews=TRUE
$userInfoInPosts=array('user_custom1');
//$userDeleteMsgs=1;

caused problems, due to the semi colon after userInfoInPosts line, instead, it should have no semi colon after it! ie, the two active lines need to be

$enableViews=TRUE;
$userInfoInPosts=array('user_custom1')

Obvious for some maybe...

This php is very fussy! :-)

(If you leave me long enough I can work this stuff out, like the monkeys with the typewriters producing Shakespeare.)

Thanks for your help Team.;-)

GN

Author Team
8-)
#26 | Posted: 25 Jul 2005 09:31 
PHP is the greatest language implemented I ever seen. It's not fussy. Don't you think you can do a programming with errors, and PHP will ignore this errors, successfully executing the script? :)))) Then try programming in Java - it is less fussy.

Author gruffnuts
Partaker
#27 | Posted: 25 Jul 2005 14:18 
Sorry to diss the beloved PHP. When I was a kid I used to program using cards in Fortran, you had to wait hours to get feedback on errors, and a bent card or a loose "chad" meant everything went pear shaped. So the issues with PHP are nothing, really.

Ahh, the seventies.

Thanks again.

Author Moony
Partaker
#28 | Posted: 27 Aug 2005 18:58 
The strange thing in the avatar plugin is that users cannot add their avatars when registering - only after. How to fix this?

Author Team
8-)
#29 | Posted: 29 Aug 2005 16:31 
Yes, that's impossible. User must register first. This is not a bug, and there is nothing to fix. It's done because registration script handles many of errors - for example, errors on existing nicknames, emails, not matching passwords etc. Author of the plugin doesn't think it's a good idea to upload something to server if this upload could be unsuccessful in some cases.

Author Moony
Partaker
#30 | Posted: 29 Aug 2005 17:03 
It would be more logical to integrate this plugin to the registration form, isn't it?

Page  Page 2 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑