miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /   

XHTML (why not to use it)

Author tom322
#1 | Posted: 10 Apr 2006 21:03 
Regarding using XHTML - here is some food for thought why not to use it :}: [add www before the links]

I'm not tech expert but it may be good reading for the minibb team.

Author Team
#2 | Posted: 10 Apr 2006 21:14 | Edited by: Team 
There are many variations of XHTML available. We have chosen xhtml1-transitional at this moment, it allows to combine old HTML stuff with XHTML compliance, that's what we would like to achieve. We can't imagine such things as xhtml11 or xhtml-basic and specially xhtml strict with miniBB. Maybe we have old-fashioned tables code, but at least, it works in most browsers, so tables structure will be kept.

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 10 Apr 2006 21:57 
oh, OK then :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#4 | Posted: 11 Apr 2006 12:31 
I've spent 2 days & nights working on XHTML compatible templates... now they all are available on here. Forthcoming release RC6 will be fully XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant... you already may check this out.

Author Team
#5 | Posted: 12 Apr 2006 13:14 
Additionally, main site is now XHTML 1.0 Transitional compatible, too. RC6 release is on the way and will be available this week.

Author tom322
#6 | Posted: 12 Apr 2006 17:12 
Good, you know i'm waiting for it ;). I know it's very hard to have ALL your code validated at - so kudos to you!

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other / XHTML (why not to use it) Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.
miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB