miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

XHTML (why not to use it)

Author tom322
#1 | Posted: 10 Apr 2006 21:03 
Regarding using XHTML - here is some food for thought why not to use it :}: [add www before the links]

hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml

webmasterworld.com/forum21/12026.htm

I'm not tech expert but it may be good reading for the minibb team.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 10 Apr 2006 21:14 
There are many variations of XHTML available. We have chosen xhtml1-transitional at this moment, it allows to combine old HTML stuff with XHTML compliance, that's what we would like to achieve. We can't imagine such things as xhtml11 or xhtml-basic and specially xhtml strict with miniBB. Maybe we have old-fashioned tables code, but at least, it works in most browsers, so tables structure will be kept.

Author tom322
#3 | Posted: 10 Apr 2006 21:57 
oh, OK then :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 11 Apr 2006 12:31 
I've spent 2 days & nights working on XHTML compatible templates... now they all are available on minibb.com here. Forthcoming release RC6 will be fully XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant... you already may check this out.

:-)

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 12 Apr 2006 13:14 
Additionally, miniBB.com main site is now XHTML 1.0 Transitional compatible, too. RC6 release is on the way and will be available this week.

Author tom322
#6 | Posted: 12 Apr 2006 17:12 
Good, you know i'm waiting for it ;). I know it's very hard to have ALL your code validated at w3.org - so kudos to you!

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 XHTML (why not to use it)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑