®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Receiving threads via email

Author Sandy
#1 | Posted: 7 Jun 2007 04:23 
Hi!
I am looking for discussion forum software that allows users to opt-in to receive threads via email. I noticed that your software offers email notification. Does your software support this feature?
Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 7 Jun 2007 04:26 
miniBB provides possibility of "subscriptions" to the topic, however, user WILL NOT receive each and every reply until he views the topic on forums actually.

It means, for example, you subscribe to this thread, then I answer you, and you get notified about my reply on the email (you read not the full message by the way, but only the first 150 symbols). Then if somebody else answers, and you still haven't clicked on the topic link and haven't read the message on forums, you WILL NOT get this notification. But if you have read the topic already, you WILL get it again.

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 30 Apr 2008 06:54 
thank you for reply

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Receiving threads via email
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑