Author fribse
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 1 Feb 2003 16:33 
Hi Guys

I've made two minibb's on my server.
Internet
and
Intranet
I've created the same user on the two, they have the same password (I've verified this by looking in the MySQL database).
They were working yesterday, before I upgraded my servers hardware, but now I can't log in the the Intranet forum.
I can still log in the the Internet forum.
I've tried copying a brand new minibb 1.5 installation to the server, and then copy the old setup_options on top of it. I can't get it to work properly.
It seems that I can write messages with my user (I've created a test message), but it does not stay logged in. What in the heck can be wrong?

Author PeKa
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 2 Feb 2003 03:56 
That could be your cookie settings / cookie lifetime. Push it up by some amount, it's in the setup_options.php as far as I remember ( =

Author fribse
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 2 Feb 2003 12:03 
These are the settings:

$cookiedomain='intranet.fribert.dk';
$cookiename='IntranetBB';
$cookiepath='';
$cookiesecure=FALSE;
$cookie_expires=90000;
$cookie_renew=1800;
$cookielang_exp=2592000;

I think they look ok, strange?

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 3 Feb 2003 10:37 
Try to leave $cookiedomain setting empty.

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 15 Aug 2003 18:23 
I just used the forum like an hour ago. Now I can't login anymore. Can't login with the admin account, nor with any other user account. Is something wrong? I don't get error messages...

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 19 Aug 2003 15:40 
Probably, you have reset your cookie settings?..

Author otto
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 24 Aug 2003 18:08 
I just used the forum like an hour ago. Now I can't login anymore.

If you are using Opera and upgraded it during that hour that is the reason.
There is a bug in Opera 7.1, it can't log in.
Opera Opera 6 and 7.2 for example can.

Unbelievingly you should be so lucky :-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 10 Jun 2009 04:55 
From my recent experience: a user has reported me that it can't log in to one of my forums. His username was kind of "Lambda Group" (note it consists of two words and some space between them). It took me huge time to verify database and understand the nature of the error, until I discovered there are TWO SPACES in the username, but the user has obviously typed just one.

Be careful when registering at forums. 2 spaces are not similar to 1 in programming ;-)

P.S. That's another brick into the wall of why I am being against any spaces and specific symbols in usernames. There will be more questions and "bug reports" than you as forums admin could expect.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Login problems when logging in as a regular user
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑