miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Is MiniBB the right choice for the integrating into existing user profiles?

Author skipshot4
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 5 Oct 2006 14:35 
We're building a site where users will have profile and the ability to post and share pieces of writing. A forum will be a big piece of the site but we're trying to find a package that will allow us to easily integrate the existing user profiles and carry sessions into the forum without having to re-authenticate. Is miniBB good for this? If not, do you have any recommendations?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 6 Oct 2006 02:44 
I don't know about other forum systems, but I'm sure miniBB can handle such kind of tasks in 99% of cases. I'm myself have implemented a lot of integrations for our customers, and they all work well. You just need to be sure your current users table has autoincremental integer ID field, which miniBB will be tied with. All other stuff can be additionally configured. Take a look at our synchronization guide or Paid Support section - we're providing such kind of custom implementations for the fee starting from just US $55.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Is MiniBB the right choice for the integrating into existing user profiles?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑