miniBB ® miniBB®
miniBB Support Forums
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /   

Can't delete user

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 16 Aug 2003 20:49 
Every time I log in to my administration page and try to delete a user, i get the 'Can't delete user' message. How can I solve this? The usernames definatley exist in the database table and i can delete them manually ok. Using minidb 1.6

Thanks

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 10:27 
What ID is shown in the URL field when you are trying to delete? This error may appear:
1) When you try to remove admin with ID=1
2) When you try to remove anonymous user with ID=0
3) When user with this ID doesn't exist in database
4) When user ID doesn't set at all

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 12:39 
Hi

Thanks for your reply. The only url i can see is appended with ?action=removeuser1 but I can't see what the url is when I click the actual remove button. I know that the user I am trying to delete is in the database - in fact, any user I create cannot be deleted at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated. ( I can delete users manually by going into the database so it's not a permissions problem!)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 12:50 
Explain me, how you are deleting user. It seems you are messing something, because you need to view this URL.

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 16:55 
Hi

I am going to the administration.php panel, then clicking Remove User, then entering their username and clciking the Remove User button.

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 17:10 
I don't understand why are you entering username if there is a message ENTER USER ID.

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 18:04 
Sorry, my mistake. I thought ID meant login - didn't realise it was different - i.e. ID number! thanks very much for your hard work and replies.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other / Can't delete user Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Short link for this topic:

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contacts
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
Captcha Addon for miniBB