miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

RSS

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »

Author Trollyan
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 18 Mar 2005 08:59 
How to export news more that from one subforum?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 18 Mar 2005 10:08 
$displayForums=array(9); /* Define comma-delimited array of IDs of your forum(s). Topic data from these forum(s) will be displayed in the feed. To view forum ID, mouse over on forum's title in forum on the first page, and check out the data link saying "forum=...".IDs of forums to use in display */

So you could set it up as

$displayForums=array(9,10,11,12);

where 9,10,11,12 etc. are your forums' IDs.

Author lenards
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 25 Jan 2006 23:43 
My rss feed isn't picking up posts as items. I believe I've configured it correctly. I worked through the config manual and I'm at a loss for where to start looking for the issue.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#4 | Posted: 26 Jan 2006 00:36 
What are your settings under 'Some options' in rss2.php?
- mb

Author lenards
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 26 Jan 2006 00:53 
just $displayForums=array(9);

guess that's the problem -- what should that forum list look like?

just $displayForums=array(1, 2, 3, 4);

assuming the IDs for the forums are 1, 2, 3, 4?

Author lenards
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 26 Jan 2006 00:57 
cool - rocked the code and that works

thanks mb

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 5 Apr 2006 14:09 
[moved]

Hi all,

Have managed to install the rss2 addon and its working - Thanks

Im just wondering if it is possible to display the author of the post through the feed.

regards

Ben

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 5 Apr 2006 17:33 
Topic author name should be available in {$topic_poster_name} variable... so probably you need to insert this variable, for example, right after {$post_text} in the code of addon... f.e.:

{$post_text}<br>(by: {$topic_poster_name})

Author trc4949
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 23 Sep 2006 11:38 
7 Oct 2006 04:02 - Attached on merging:
RSS addon

i put the rss update url into my feed reader and then posted some new topics on my message board.

but i dont see the new topics showing up on the feed reader??

how long does it take between for the new item to show up in the rss reader after it is posted to the forum?

Author tom322
#10 | Posted: 23 Sep 2006 12:00 
depends on rss provider I think. yahoo seems to be faster than google, for example. it may take even few hours or so.

Author trc4949
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 23 Sep 2006 12:06 
well i am using http://www.klipfolio.com

guess i will wait another couple of hours and see...

is there a way to adjust how fast (update interval) the updates are piped to the RSS readers?

Author tom322
#12 | Posted: 23 Sep 2006 12:19 
Yes, rss crawlers need to have some time to find/update your rss - once they are updated for the firs time they should "come back" more often. I don't think there's a way to adjust it (unless you control rss programs ;).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 24 Sep 2006 03:21 
There is no way to control RSS program... If you have set up RSS addon correctly, posts from forums are appearing in it immediately after creation. You can see it in any browser, if you point URL to it.

Example: click here -

https://www.minibb.com/forums/rss2.php

Author Visitor
#14 | Posted: 7 Nov 2007 14:39 
I am getting odd symbols when displaying a pound sign? Any idea what this is?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#15 | Posted: 8 Nov 2007 04:13 
It could probably because of the wrong encoding set... try to set up iso-8859-2 instead of iso-8859-1 for your forums and RSS.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 RSS
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑