miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Private Messages

Page  Page 1 of 6:  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author karmanis
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 25 Jun 2006 15:14 
Multiple Boards and Private Messaging

Is it possible to have properly working private messaging when using multiple boards ? I am talking about one core installation with different databases, sharing the same user table.

Can you bring in mind any solution for this issue?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 25 Jun 2006 15:23 
Private messaging addon is files-based, there is no tables. The only place to specify that it's pointing to the general PM system, is $pmailDir (folder definition) in it's options. Using multiple boards, you can also have multiple OR just one folder for PM.

Author karmanis
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 25 Jun 2006 16:38 
So, you mean that PMs should work properly among multiple boards with shared user table ?

And something else.. Should I suppose that all user-based functionalities, such as avatars and profile preferences, would be intact when using multiple boards?

Thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 26 Jun 2006 07:38 
you mean that PMs should work properly among multiple boards with shared user table

In general, it depends on how exactly you are implementing these boards (the same about second question). I think, it's all possible.

Author Jamieg285
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 12 Jul 2006 08:45 
One of our users has come to us saying that he doesn't get the red 'NEW' message come up when someone sends him a PM.

All others that I have asked do get it.

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 12 Jul 2006 09:18 
Many users do not understand what is "NEW" message and where it must appear on. So try to explain him, where he must get this message, and when. I am on 100% sure this is user's trouble, not script's.

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 22 Dec 2006 08:15 
22 Dec 2006 08:40 - Attached on merging:
Smilies in pmail not showing up

The smilies in pmail show up as this:

:up:

instead of the actual smilie. Works fine on the forum.

I have this code in place in bbplugins.php:

if(($action=='ptopic' or $action=='pthread' or $action=='editmsg' or $action=='editmsg2' or $action=='pmail') or (isset($_POST['prevForm']) and trim($_POST['postText'])!='')) include ($pathToFiles.'addon_smilies2.php');

Anything else I should try?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 22 Dec 2006 08:41 
Have you noticed this in the README file:

ATTENTION: if you are using smilies addon, for getting smilies to work in Private Messaging, put the Smilies addon code BEFORE private message code. If you are using Preview addon, paste the code for Private Messaging AFTER the code for Preview.

I.e.:

/* Checker's top link */
/* Smilies addon */
/* Preview addon */
/* Private message service */
/* Checker code */

Author ezkim0x
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 4 Jan 2007 22:32 
I purchased this addon and installed it fine.. however I would like the 'mail' link to show on every page I have.

for example;
I also purchased the Checker addon, and when I goto any of the pages dealing with it.. the 'private messages' link doesn't show in the navigation.

how would I make it so it will show on those pages as well? 'Checker - favourites - etc..'

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 5 Jan 2007 03:37 
For bb_plugins.php, try to paste Checker' code after PM code.

Author ezkim0x
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 5 Jan 2007 04:23 
thanks that worked prefectly.

Author Anonymous
#12 | Posted: 8 Mar 2007 12:40 
Is there a way to PM several people at one time? For instance, can you input two or three usernames, separated by a comma or semicolon to allow a message to be sent?

Author tom322
#13 | Posted: 8 Mar 2007 13:44 
It would be an invitation to spam but I believe it could be possible after some custom modifications.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 9 Mar 2007 04:13 
Is there a way to PM several people at one time?

Current version of the addon doesn't allow it. We can't support spammers.

In my plans I have a suggestion to program some kind of "mass-PM" tool, but for the admin only. So only admin could use it and send notifications-type email to members. But I don't know when it will be implemented, maybe in April only.

Author Anonymous
#15 | Posted: 10 Jul 2007 06:33 
Topic: Display First PM Message To Users

As an admin, I want to show one new PM message to users after they log in. Is there a way to make it show a default message from me that says thanks for registering after they register? I want the message to appear in their PM.

Page  Page 1 of 6:  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Private Messages
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑