miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

First Page News

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Author PurpleCow
Partaker
#106 | Posted: 30 Dec 2010 16:20 
Hi,

On the main domain of my site, I run a directory script.
On a sub-domain I run minibb forum.

How can I display all my forums (not topics or latest topics) from my forum in sub-domain on the front page of my directory script on main domain using this plugin?

I only want to display all the forums, descriptions, # of topics and # of replies (similar to how the forums are displayed on the sub-domain forum home page)

AND - how can I use this plugin if my forum is on one TLD and page I want to display is on another TLD?

Thanks much

Author kuopassa
Partaker
#107 | Posted: 1 Jan 2011 14:35 
PurpleCow:
I only want to display all the forums, descriptions, # of topics and # of replies (similar to how the forums are displayed on the sub-domain forum home page)
This plugin doesn't in my understanding have a feature like this, so you need to do some custom MySQL query to the miniBB's database and write some code...

PurpleCow:
AND - how can I use this plugin if my forum is on one TLD and page I want to display is on another TLD?
The contents of this plugin will be available publicly in http://www.somedomain.com/forums/addon_1stpagenews2.php or something like that. You can fetch that page with PHP for example. Here's a code example:

<?php
$stuff = file_get_contents('http://www.somedomain.com/forums/addon_1stpagenews2.php');
echo $stuff;
?>

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#108 | Posted: 3 Jan 2011 06:12 
If your primary domain and sub-domain are located on the same server, having access to the same mySQL database, I don't see any difficulty to display miniBB threads.

If they are on different servers, you may switch to the JavaScript inclusion of this add-on. JavaScript will work across any domains.

Don't invent the bicycle - it's all described in add-on's README.

Author Guest
~
#109 | Posted: 8 Jan 2011 14:23 
Thank You

Author PurpleCow
Partaker
#110 | Posted: 13 Jan 2011 21:26 
Paul:
I don't see any difficulty to display miniBB threads
I actually wanted to display forums and not threads... Thanks

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#111 | Posted: 14 Jan 2011 04:13 
What I definitely could tell, that this add-on displays topic titles and may display message text, nothing else.

I am not sure - what kind of sense to display forums on the primary page? They all are already listed in the dedicated section.

Anyway, it is possible of course - but it's up to your custom programming. We don't have such add-on by now.

Author Guest
~
#112 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 10:15 
Hi,

In the 1st page news addon I would like to display the date as 21/04/11 instead of April 21, 2011

How do i do this?

Many thanks

Regards,
Ben

Author tom322
#113 | Posted: 21 Apr 2011 12:38 
In addon_1stpagenews.php find:

$dateFormatNews='F j, Y';

and change it to:

$dateFormatNews='m/d/y';

Author learnednewbie
#114 | Posted: 3 Sep 2011 21:58 
A couple of pointers for anyone installing this script (that I've learnt from trial and error myself):

1) Define the absolute path ($path in addon_1stpagenews2.php) by using the function getcwp() (e.g. <?php echo getcwp() ?>). Just start a new php file in your forum directory and then substitute the echoed value into the $path=''. Remember the final slash on the end, as Paul pointed out in the readme file.

2) Remember to change the setting depending on the method of output you're using ($displayMethod=). 1 for echo and 2 for javascript.

3) Before loading this script live into your website and then wondering why it isn't working - create a blank php in the root directory, and then continue to test until you get the result you want.

There is more pointers, but the first two are easy mistakes to make which will stop the feed from working.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#115 | Posted: 5 Sep 2011 11:57 
1) It's all written in the README file. Study readme file before spending your life to unnecessary investigations. That will be much more quicker for you :)

Regarding all other points - you just should know what that script does, and why would you need it, and what for. All options are set up for that.

Author rgm
Partaker
#116 | Posted: 25 Oct 2011 11:55 
How can I show the user´s avatar on first page news? i dont make it work anyway...
another question: Can I show the latest photos uploaded to forum on the first page news?

Thanks a lot

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#117 | Posted: 25 Oct 2011 12:20 
1st page news add-on is not compatible with the other miniBB add-ons (except pre-moderation, as it doesn't show the queued messages). Whatever it displays by default, is only information from the core database.

Both of your tasks are possible to implement, but they will require a lot of custom modifications.

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 First Page News
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑