Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB is under worldwide competitors attack

Page  Page 5 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#61 | Posted: 24 Jun 2010 07:35 
I think, if somebody wants to know what kind of software is used on the website, s/he will know it anyway. Even if there would be copyright link removed at all.

Yes, the logo is small, miniBB too :-) It's just another crazy experimental concept from our side.

Let's see what happens, and thanks for suggestion, anyway... I don't think the logo is totally unrecognizable on the page, but it still gives kind of feeling this software is not like others...

Author tom322
#62 | Posted: 24 Jun 2010 09:25 
It may be a good idea that after user hover on the logo it becomes bigger, it would be a mini dynamic logo :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#63 | Posted: 25 Jun 2010 03:13 
I have much better idea - what if we make a blinking logo, and when we mouse over it, it becomes bigger on half of the visible page :-) I guess THAT way it would be hard to mess up miniBB with something else! ;-) And this should work for most of websites, definitely, users will recognize it! ;-)

Author tom322
#64 | Posted: 25 Jun 2010 07:34 
It's a good idea on Aprils Fools Day ;).

Author Prince
Partaker
#65 | Posted: 11 Jul 2010 11:25 
I created one for my forum also.. they delete it.. it's crazy.. don't know what are they doing... :(

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#66 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 02:30 
Prince:
I created one for my forum also.. they delete it.. it's crazy.. don't know what are they doing...
Hmm, could you be more specific please? What is meant by "it" and "they"? ;-)

Author Prince
Partaker
#67 | Posted: 15 Jul 2010 15:19 
Paul:
Hmm, could you be more specific please? What is meant by "it" and "they"? ;-)
I meant, wikipedia also removed information about my forum..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#68 | Posted: 16 Jul 2010 03:11 
Ok... it only confirms then that Wikipedia is NOT a FREE encyclopedia ;-)

Author minirock
#69 | Posted: 28 Jul 2010 10:49 
Is it on my end only, or I can't understand what this thread is about?

When I type "minibb" in Google, minibb.com comes first.

miniBB in Google July 28, 2010

When I type "forum software", miniBB comes on the second page, so it in top 20, which is not even that bad - people nowadays are often used to ignore "Google substituted" results on the first page and look out or the miracle on few next browsing.

The same about "free forum software".

"Free forum program" gives me the first results page for miniBB.

Good luck guys... don't fight against the system, else you will promote it even more! :-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#70 | Posted: 29 Jul 2010 02:27 
Hmm, that's interesting! I also see it now, still for English version only, but these are English keywords :-)

Ok, then I probably should define Google as God hearing our prayers, and remove this thread ;-)

Still, I would say, this didn't give a lot of traffic increase :-)

Author tom322
#71 | Posted: 29 Jul 2010 08:13 
I also see it now and must say miniBB stands very high on competitive keywords now.. (like 'free forum software' on 12 place? or 'free forum script' / 'forum script' on the 1st page -- that's veery gooood. Yahoo! ; )

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#72 | Posted: 29 Jul 2010 09:41 
tom322 - you probably mean not a place, but page... they are different things :-)

I am wondering what was it about Google then.

I suppose it was just because we have moved from .net to .com, and sometimes, miniBB.com was considered as a "bad" domain, because it was some way blacklisted or used for spam purpose... We have no ideas by now.

It actually took more than a year to get back on earlier positions. Be careful when moving your domains :-)

But let's see for how long time it will stay...

Actually I didn't notice a significant traffic increase because of that, but at least it would make our SEO Soul happy ;-)

Author tom322
#73 | Posted: 29 Jul 2010 13:23 
Paul:
you probably mean not a place, but page... they are different things :-)
Actually I checked it before posting and I meant place/page as I wrote (I didn't count exact places because it doesn't make sense ;). So when I wrote '1st page' I meant anything between 1-10 ;.

Author perthelizabeth
Partaker
#74 | Posted: 3 Aug 2010 14:01 
Yes you are right. This market is huge. To get the proper benefit on must have the experience of management rule.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#75 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 07:16 
perthelizabeth:
To get the proper benefit on must have the experience of management rule.
Sounds tricky :-)

I guess we would need management, if we would have a large company full of workers, 80% of which do not usually work at all, just sit in the office and chew their hot dogs instead of getting salary.

In opposite, there is no staff on miniBB except me and Sergei, and I'm afraid there is only one person is actually working ;-) So we don't need management for it.

But we need PR, that's a fact...

Page  Page 5 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB is under worldwide competitors attack
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑