Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB is coming up in new colors and version

Page  Page 8 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#106 | Posted: 24 Nov 2011 14:49 
...so, good bye the good old BB code buttons for miniBB. They were inspired by the old-school versions of visual software, but now we have an era, when each software should have its own licked-out buttons, the buttons, which you have a pleasure to click. Welcome, the even better new buttons! Here's the first version coming on miniBB forums, watch them above message forms. So far I like their touch and will watch them for few days, while making the final adjustments to the final miniBB release.

Author tom322
#107 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 19:59 
I like the new buttons, looking nice 3d ;). I wish there was a template or something so that it's easy to do other custom buttons (it would be hard to 'copy' the effect if I wanted to do similar style with other buttons).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#108 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 20:46 

Most likely I would prefer just to have all possible buttons for miniBB in one package. I rather doubt that buttons will look "in one style", if you apply your own icons, and will try to combine with those I've created. Most likely they will look different. So, for creating a "branding" feeling, you just need to order all customized buttons; as for the free buttons for the add-ons, I will work them out later.

Today, for all members, there is important news: miniBB mobile template is available to test now. If you enter minibb.com/forums from the mobile, you should be automatically forwarded to the mobile version. Also you may click the "Mobile" icon on the right hand of the forums menu, to enter m.minibb.com. Welcome to test and give your thoughts!

Author tom322
#109 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 23:47 
Paul:
Most likely I would prefer just to have all possible buttons for miniBB in one package.
I guess it was done by a good graphic designer..

Regarding mobile - like to test it on iPad or Kindle, but I think it's good ;). Small issue - currently in the new forums dropdown forums that I don't have access to still appear (ie. it seems I can start a new topic in the News forum, but after I click on it, the post form is not present). So I think the script should only list forums a particular user has access to to start a new topic, not all forums.

Also, maybe it would make sense that when user is on a particular forum, like: http://m.minibb.com/news-announcements-9/minibb-is-coming-up-new-colors-version-5761-4.html, then after clicking on 'Full Version' link he would go to the same topic, not to the index page..

Author BeInspired
Partaker
#110 | Posted: 30 Nov 2011 06:53 
Paul:
Welcome to test and give your thoughts!
Real good news for us :)

Is it bug: can't starting new topic from main page of mobile version?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#111 | Posted: 30 Nov 2011 11:47 
tom322:
currently in the dropdown list of forums that I don't have access to still appear
BeInspired:
can't starting new topic from main page of mobile version?
Thanks for your reports. I think these problems are some way related to each other. You were trying to start a topic in the forum where it's not allowed to do so (it's specified in $poForums). This dropdown combines both starting the topic and going to the forum. I think it's possible to get it around only providing kinf of JavaScript message, i.e. "Access denied", when you try to create a new topic in $poForums. Or - just skip it, 'cause $poForums are set up quite rarely :) I'll take a look later.

tom322:
then after clicking on 'Full Version' link he would go to the same topic, not to the index page
Thanks, but I still think it can wait so far. Switching between forums is not really a game. It doesn't mean you should switch them up and down and watch different topics. It's more about testing process. In real life, you just choose the most proper template and then start to use the forums.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#112 | Posted: 30 Nov 2011 11:48 
tom322:
I guess it was done by a good graphic designer
No, the buttons were made by me personally :) So any kind of customization may come for the same miniBB support rates.

Author tom322
#113 | Posted: 30 Nov 2011 18:17 
Paul:
I'll take a look later.
OK. I'm still not sure how the mobile version works - I just hope it will work correctly with the New Configurable Topic addon too.

Paul:
No, the buttons were made by me personally :)
Good to know. I thought it was really made by a designer, not a programmer ; )

Author Prince
Partaker
#114 | Posted: 2 Dec 2011 16:03 
tom322:
Good to know. I thought it was really made by a designer, not a programmer ; )
It looks great and nice... well done Paul! :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#115 | Posted: 2 Dec 2011 19:39 
tom322:
I just hope it will work correctly with the New Configurable Topic addon too.
Well, this is not tested at the moment... But I'll think about it.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#116 | Posted: 2 Dec 2011 19:41 
Prince:
It looks great and nice... well done Paul! :)
OK thanks :)

That's the final touch before releasing the new version. The New miniBB is actually in front of your eyes now.

You can follow this thread from the beginning, to see how easy it looks to develop the open source ;)

Author Prince
Partaker
#117 | Posted: 4 Dec 2011 14:08 
So when it will be released?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#118 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 12:55 
We're having the last stages of testing. I need to check everything, compile the core, and hope to finish it this week.

The core of miniBB (basic version) will be released to public first.

Then I plan to work out all the add-ons and make them fully compatible with the latest release (now some of them are only partially compatible because of the updated layout/CSS).

Finally, the mobile's version solution will be released. It will come for free.

They are plans for the nearest possible weeks :) I hope to complete it before Christmas and make yet another astonishing SALES action :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#119 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 14:40 
Hey all, just wanted to cheer you all up with the beginning of the Winter emotions, and found out my pics made a year ago in my native Latvian city, Rezekne. While we still have lots of rain now, these pictures remind me the *real* -25° Russian winter :) because they were made by such an approximate temperature.

Rezekne in Retro. Winter picture made by Smena 8M A zero visibility. Winter picture made by Smena 8M. It was actually made while it was totally snowing. You can not take pictures with an unprotected digital camera under such amount of snow falling. The low visibility on the picture is just about it The invisible sun ray. Winter picture made by Smena 8M

While working out the BB code buttons for miniBB, I've used the image of the "old-school" manual tape photocamera, and the final version of the [IMGS] code button reminds me "Smena".

IMG BB code button

I'm a bit of fan of lomography and I owe Smena 8M since my childhood, but actually only in about 20 years I've made the first pictures with it. The most astonishing facts I like about Smena, is that the outside temperature doesn't affect its battery. Because it has no battery.

As you see, some of miniBB inspirational stuff comes from here :)

Author Prince
Partaker
#120 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 21:26 
The new bb code buttons style are awesome.. specially "image & link" buttons :)

Page  Page 8 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB is coming up in new colors and version
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑