Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB is coming up in new colors and version

Page  Page 4 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author Guest
~
#46 | Posted: 14 Sep 2011 19:59 
I guess the mobile version is still on its way. Logn waiting. The changes done show previous / next links in navigation, nice addion to the layout remake. I think, the thread messages layout should be improved as well, if you get to the old-school with it, it may look great.

Author epixeltechno
Partaker
#47 | Posted: 15 Sep 2011 14:05 
Looks Great!!.The colors are too bright you can make it quite dull..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#48 | Posted: 15 Sep 2011 15:17 
Everybody can apply their own colors to miniBB, that is no problem. Here we discuss only the default version :)
So after that's opinion, I'm not quite sure - if it looks great, or still we need to make it "dull"?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#49 | Posted: 22 Sep 2011 19:57 
Continuing to work on miniBB, I still decided to improve the 1st page a bit, and now it seems to meet my highest request :)

I think it's also time to switch to HTML5 in this miniBB, specially because it wouldn't require too many changes, and now it's present on our forums.

Also, new function which miniBB will include, is "extra navigation" on the first page, which actually allows to check all topics, one-by-one, in the Most recent replies order or New topics order. Earlier, I developed this feature as the custom add-on for a few of my constant customers; now I think it's the great option to include in default miniBB, as it becomes too widely requested. I also hope it brings more possibilities to check what's up on forums.

Feel free to spread your opinions :)

Author Guest
~
#50 | Posted: 23 Sep 2011 04:49 
COOL...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Its,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take..Take.. Agree this Vud Vid, ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so beatifulllllll feeling Alot fine..

Sandusit y,
Ipod_power
Vtecza

Author ipod_power
Partaker
#51 | Posted: 23 Sep 2011 05:26 
Paul
Vid vid ..!! I love its I am choosed ... : )

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#52 | Posted: 30 Sep 2011 17:37 
The saga continues - I think, in the newer miniBB I'll get back to the old-school classical view of threads, with the username located on the left, and the message text located on the right. Let me know what do you feel when you something like now. Leaving it out for the weekend :)

Author tom322
#53 | Posted: 30 Sep 2011 18:47 
I've been through layout changes a few times at least and I conclude nothing ever will be perfect so what looks OK could stay because a new version won't be much better anyway ;)

For me the biggest benefit of the 'modern' layout (ie. username / date on top) is that you can include more text and less scrolling is required if topic has many replies. Plus if guest users are allowed to post then their username doesn't really matter.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#54 | Posted: 30 Sep 2011 20:56 
tom322:
nothing ever will be perfect so what looks OK could stay
Sure. The point is just to find this "OK" level, which as you see, grows gradually, like a good wine ;)

Yes, I also like the username / date on top layout. But it appears pretty good only for some certain forum like ours. We don't have avatars here, registration dates displayed, number of posts or special statuses or ranks. If to put all this stuff together, the "modern" layout won't work.

I'm also getting so many requests from customers to put threaded view in the old-school mode, that I'm starting to think it contains something magnificent which I can't really understand. Surely, it brings more comfort in reading, because the width of the text is ~15% smaller, and it allows to read text-only without paying attention to the username; and on the other hand, it allows to scroll by usernames only. In our version, I've also moved "tools" links to the right, so they don't catch the eye dramatically when scrolling.

It seems with the new version I'd like to just get back to the old school, but only in some more refreshing colors, and that would complete it then. With each such step, we're getting closer to it :)

Author tom322
#55 | Posted: 30 Sep 2011 21:36 
Well, we should not forget this is a MINI bb forum ;-). In the end what matters is the message, not avatars, not even username or other stuff. But I can understand newbies may want them (but they should realize that's not what a good forum is made of sooner or later).

Having said that, I still think the previous version was better and was easier to read. The current one is too detached and it's not that easy to focus/find the message like in the previous version. Adding a different background to username cell may help. But like with everything else, it takes a short while and this layout is likable too.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#56 | Posted: 1 Oct 2011 01:41 
New default colour scheme: happy to read that it is coming together--it is going to look amazing when finished!

Default thread view: Classic is fine, and I welcome its return. I do not mind whichever way the default is, as long as the option to choose between the different layout styles remains.

Avatars, signatures and other bells and whistles: I have never considered using them, for I see them as non-task essential features; fortunately for me, they are only offered as add-ons.

-mb

Author Prince
Partaker
#57 | Posted: 1 Oct 2011 14:57 
Wow.. Threads look great now!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#58 | Posted: 4 Oct 2011 13:54 
Thanks.
Continuing working on it, I've added "Most Popular Forums" tab on Statistics page, which will come in miniBB by default. Like it was mentioned earlier in this thread, that specially would allow to arrange visual icons scheme for your forum, seeing what icons are used most often on the first page (and arrange those icons). Just a new thing to have a bit more fun.

In the newer release, for not logged users on the first page, there will appear the button saying "Register", and I think we'll also swap the wordings "Sign Up" and "Register" as the second one seems more native and clear to the most part of end users.

Author brawsky
Partaker
#59 | Posted: 4 Oct 2011 18:54 
Yes I like ^^"

Author tkx211
Partaker
#60 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 04:38 
Important!
Can I post new topic or reply in mobile version?

Page  Page 4 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB is coming up in new colors and version
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑