| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB is coming up in new colors and version

Page  Page 2 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author MangX
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 14 Aug 2011 08:10 

Mobile Version For MiniBB
Paul, I got some problems, I need your help!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 15 Aug 2011 23:20 
Sergeusz:
that used for forums' names
Do you mean forum supertitles?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#18 | Posted: 16 Aug 2011 11:41 
MangX
What do you have currently, I think, is not the mobile version. It's the standard minibb template, only in thin layout.
The mobile version should co-exist with the standalone version on the same domain.

Still, you have a great example of how much mini this software could allow :)

Post your problems in specific forum.

Author Sergeusz
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 16 Aug 2011 21:32 
Paul:
Do you mean forum supertitles?
Exactly

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#20 | Posted: 17 Aug 2011 17:07 
Sergeusz
Ok, could you try to be more deep in your opinion? For example, follow the path of the feeling saying the color doesn't match.
What arguments could you use for that? Why they don't match, and what should I preferably do to making them match?
Thx.

Author Sergeusz
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 18 Aug 2011 01:19 
Ok, Paul
You use mainly green (dark, light, with little of yellow), grey and brown (beige, with little of grey) in the new design. All of them are mixed in a way to match each other with the help of their shades and tones. And now take a look at forum supertitles - they are turquoise. It's blue color mixed with light green. You don't use blue color anywhere else.
Paul:
what should I preferably do to making them match?
I think you have some main colors (I highlighted three and mentioned them before) and in your new design you need to use only them in different tones and mixing them with others. So you need to use green with adding some blue in supertitles (still not good in my view because you don't use blue anywhere else, but at least it will be better) or you can add blue tones in some other places.
It's about colors matching each other. But the problem with this color is also that it's bright while other colors are mostly muted and mixed with grey. I looked at this color in different angles and every time it's different. So I think it may look differently on different PCs. And all the time I looked at main forum's page I always concentrated my eyes on supertitles, but I need to concentrate on Recent topics.

And finally, Paul, as far as I know you don't like stereotypes and like to break these "rules". But you need to remember that may be all of these is just stereotype, but you are developing MiniBB for people that have these stereotypes, not just for you. Some long time ago when I used MiniBB for my forums I designed it to absolutely match color scheme of my site (at this time it was dark blue). After this I had a lot of complaints that I changed the backcolor and font color of posts from black on white to dark blue on light blue. They said that it was inconvenient for their eyes. So I was to change posts colors to black on white again while it didn't match anything. But I knew that I don't want these people just go away from my forum or use it less just because many of them don't like what I like.
So what about MiniBB I think you should create design that people can install and don't have complaints about it from their users. Or then they will be thinking how to change these colors (and most of them don't know it I guess) and coming to Minibb.com with a lot of the same questions how to change them. And you can use color scheme that you like at Minibb.com or Demo site not at standard package.

Author tom322
#22 | Posted: 18 Aug 2011 04:06 
Making the 'miniBB Community Forum' text in the header in the same color as the forumTitle background (ie. #C8FFEE) may do the trick of covering the same color on all pages. I tried it and liked it.

Author Prince
Partaker
#23 | Posted: 20 Aug 2011 18:37 
In my Opinion This also seems nice, and it's default colors, more users using their own design or colors, so for default it's great :)
Every site or forums mostly users design their own colors.

So, Great Job Paul :)

Author WTBguildforum
#24 | Posted: 20 Aug 2011 19:20 
Looking forward to it!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#25 | Posted: 22 Aug 2011 16:29 
Prince:
more users using their own design or colors
I would say, "yes" and "no". The majority is using default colors or trying to find the software, which matches the layout of their website.

People mostly don't understand, that they can take the software and make it in their own colors. They *must* know CSS for it, and probably some HTML basics - not everybody looking for forum is so advanced.

But you are right, new miniBB colors are just for representing the nature of miniBB itself. For catching the eye. Does it look the eye-catching for you now? :)

Of course, people could adjust colors on their own, but the default version should follow almost everyone's taste. That's my basic proposal in these colors.

Couple of years ago I've started to work for easy CSS maker for miniBB, when you could visually adjust the board, specifying your own basic colors, fonts and widths, and in result you get a completely ready CSS for miniBB, which you may just drop and forums folder and turn it on in setup_options.php. I hope after boosting the main core up, I could get back to it and make it more playful ;)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#26 | Posted: 22 Aug 2011 19:59 
Sergeusz
Ok, don't you think the super-titles are a bit better color now? :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#27 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 18:09 
The newer release will also include built-in direct link to the latest post in topic, on the index ("Recent Topics") page, or Topics Listing.
The link will be indicated by the icon: Latest Reply link
If there are no replies in topic, this link won't be present.
This is available to test and view on miniBB forums here now.

Author Prince
Partaker
#28 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 19:32 
Paul:
Does it look the eye-catching for you now? :)
Kinda like that yeah.. First Page and the header color is great!

But Main Modern colors, I think it's completely different with Header and main page colors, so it should match with Header :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#29 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 21:24 
Matching colors doesn't mean they should be all in the same tone :)

That's the interesting question, of when colors do match and when not. I've provided some photos above regarding it.

Author Prince
Partaker
#30 | Posted: 23 Aug 2011 21:41 
Paul:
Matching colors doesn't mean they should be all in the same tone :)
Exactly, I mean this.

I meant, if it could be the same way for Modern (match like Header and CapMenu) ;)

I think Header and CapMenu mostly is like this photo you've provided:

https://www.minibb.com/forums/storage/screenshots/nature3.jpg

No doubt about that, but if you could change Modern also, would be better I think. :)

Page  Page 2 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB is coming up in new colors and version
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑