| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB 3.3 v2 released, a few add-ons updated

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#16 | Posted: 22 Feb 2018 22:50 
Guest:
I don't see a link on profile file to direct send a pm to username on the test forum cf picture
Now I understand what was meant, thanks. I'm out of my working box now and don't have access to my files, but as I remember, this should be already available in the add-on by default. May be it's not truly made compatible with the upcoming version, but it should be truly easy to add. I'll post more instructions tomorrow when I'm back.

Author Guest
~
#17 | Posted: 23 Feb 2018 02:05 
Also i noticed something

http://minibb.org/minibb-test.php?action=vtopic&forum=1&showSep=1

works on your test forums , but not working on mine , only a redirect to the box on bottom i'm using last version ?

Is this normal ?

Cordialy,

Author Guest
~
#18 | Posted: 23 Feb 2018 12:40 
it's better to have a dedicated page to open a new post then redirect to the bottom i think like your test forum
Is this will included in next version or something ?

my explain are bad , but i wanted to mean
on your test forum :
new post butom link = http://minibb.org/minibb-test.php?action=vtopic&forum=1&showSep=1
on my forum :
new post butom link = #newtopic
i tryed : http://myforumlink/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=4&showSep=1 result : forum don't exist where 4 is a correct forum ID.

it seems the system is not the same , mine look like minibb.com forum , and i wanted the one on minibb.org

Hope my explain are better now :)

Cordialy,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#19 | Posted: 24 Feb 2018 22:21 
Guest:
works on your test forums , but not working on mine , only a redirect to the box on bottom i'm using last version ?
Is this normal ?
It's normal and possibly you should see the same on our forums. It works like this by default, quick method.
Btw you're referring to the new topic operation, not the new post (topics and posts/replies are different things ;)

You obviously refer to the New Configurable Topic Form add-on. It needs to be installed if you'd like to achieve the effect like shown.

On the minibb.org front page, you will see the list of add-ons installed on that demo. Default miniBB comes with 0 add-ons by default. Use the Compiler or install whatever you want manually, choosing from our Downloads page.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#20 | Posted: 24 Feb 2018 22:24 
BTW I've checked the PM add-on, and yes, I will need to make some updates to bring the direct PM icon on the profile page like you described. Actually it's already included in the current version of the add-on, but it needs to be updated so it also works with miniBB 3.3. Hopefully I will complete it next week.

By now, I've updated it quickly on minibb.org just to show how it would look like.

Author Guest
~
#21 | Posted: 24 Feb 2018 22:37 
Very good , thanks for the informations i hope pm finished and hope a like plugin will be added :D

Cordialy,

Author Guest
~
#22 | Posted: 1 Mar 2018 23:28 
Hello Paul ,

I would like to use minibb like https://link.com/ForumName/TopicName/ThreadName.html or so ( url friendly )

I'm using nginx . Do you have Apache2 rules or so ? Where i can convert them ?

Cordialy,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#23 | Posted: 2 Mar 2018 00:25 
Check Downloads/Keyword-Rich URLs add-on.
Examples provided are not fully matching your schema, but you could create your own following the current ones.

Also note that there could be topics with the same name provided prior they are determined by administration, that's why topic and forum IDs are mandatory to provide in .htaccess rules.

Author Guest
~
#24 | Posted: 2 Mar 2018 00:54 
Hello,

Okis there a way for nginx rules? because i don't have htaccess ( apache... ) nginx don't have

Author Guest
~
#25 | Posted: 2 Mar 2018 01:07 
ok i got them .

seems to works perfect .

Author Guest
~
#26 | Posted: 2 Mar 2018 02:57 
hum,

is there a url rewriting for profil ?

/forum/index.php?action=userinfo&user=1

i don't see one ?

Cordialy,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#27 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 13:42 
We have a solution for Apache only. If it works for nginx, how did you achieve that? :)

Regarding profiles - they should not be indexed (pages have noindex,nofollow attributes); and if they are not indexed, there is no sense to keep SEO-optimized URLs for them.

Author Guest
~
#28 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 19:17 
ok , i understand .

Here are the rules for Nginx :
#FORUM :
rewrite ^/forum/([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$ /forum/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=$3&mdrw=on;
rewrite ^/forum/([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)/$ /forum/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=1&mdrw=on;
rewrite ^/forum/([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)$ /forum/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=$3&mdrw=on;
rewrite ^/forum/([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)$ /forum/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=$2&page=1&mdrw=on;
rewrite ([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)-([0-9]
+)/([0-9]+)/$ /forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$4&page=$5&mdrw=on;
rewrite ([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9A-Za-z-\+._]+)-([0-9]
+)/$ /forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$4&page=1&mdrw=on;
rewrite ([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)$ /forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$4&page=$5&mdrw=on;
rewrite ([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)/([0-9A-Za-z-\+_]+)-([0-9]+)$ /forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=$2&topic=$4&page=1&mdrw=on;

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#29 | Posted: 3 Mar 2018 19:30 
Guest:
Here are the rules for Nginx
Ok, but what file keeps this rules? As I've read on nginx documentation, they do not support .htaccess.
Or are there some modules which still allow this?

Author Guest
~
#30 | Posted: 4 Mar 2018 04:22 
Thoses lines need to be enter in the nginx configuration website file . No need module or anything on nginx and the configuration i sent to you is for the url rewrite type 3 in your module.

Cordialy,

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 3.3 v2 released, a few add-ons updated
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑