As a little winter gift, here comes the first official release of miniBB 3, available for free download
The major additions to this release include the direct unsubscribing link in topic subscription emails (miniBB, again, tries to meet even more mailing requirements compatibility with that), improvements regarding standard-compatible email headers in all emails, updates regarding the version-for-mobile pack, super-sticky topics, whole forum navigation by pages, and other few bugfixes, improvements and updates. There is also a little Search modernization: search box will be a standalone template, available by default in the "Modern" layout's first page, on the internal forum navigation pages, under any forum and under any topic. To the search options we have now, it will be also possible to search in messages of a certain topic. As you may see, in this version miniBB comes in a surprisingly new look. It doesn't affect the upgrade of your own customized forum, but it's still making the step to get even better!
The current forum owners, as usually, must follow Upgrading history instructions
. Looking up closer to the end of this file, you'll find described changes to 3.0. Please, follow the updating carefully: there are a lot of changes done in a year!
By now, this is a pre-release
, which means it's only partially compatible with all the stuff we have on the website. It's for those who already want to play with it. It is mostly for initial testing and installation. I am continuing working on the following updates, and hope to finish them this year. Plans are the following:
- Make all plugins compatible with the newer version. Currently, New Topic Form add-on and Multiple Topics Action add-ons definitely do not work with this miniBB. File Attachments, Private Messaging will be updated in the nearest time, also making them compatible with the Mobile version.
- Make Compiler compatible with this release. Despite I've updated it for Templates, many add-ons still may provide unexpected bugs.
- Extend all language packs to have the most up-to-date variables listed.
- Upgrade minibb.org, so it runs the latest version with Mobile preview.
- Finally! release of the Mobile version template, which will cover the miniBB 3 concept.
As you see, I am only on the half-way to it now.
This miniBB version is a result of my personal work since August, 2011, and the whole development process was described earlier
. This is the first release I have worked out on my own, incl. graphical layout. Fortunately or not, I am working alone on miniBB now, and I have no plans to extend this one-team-player to someone else in the nearest future.
It's popular for a serious work done to dedicate it to someone, but honestly, I see no reasons to dedicate it to someone except me. I truly like this version of miniBB. It's totally mine, and I am the "green guy". Surprisingly, this year we have yet another funny movie about UFOs
, which is mostly about me and miniBB.
This release is for Paul
. Thank you very much for attention :)