®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Editing Preferences.. password error

Author hugh
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 12 Apr 2004 16:24 
Although it says on the "Edit preferences" page that one has to enter one's password twice only if one wants to change one's password, I find that I have to enter my password twice to make any additions or changes.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 13 Apr 2004 10:31 
Impossible.
Check once again (for example, on our site here).

Author hugh
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 13 Apr 2004 13:34 
Ok. This is what I just did, using Internet Explorer 5 on Windows 98 on this forum.

I registered as: (username) newtest with (password) testnew. I filled in just the required fields. I then signed in, went to edit preferences where I filled in the occupation field and entered my password once, on submitting the form I got the message "Error in user data: Passwords didn't match!"

I then filled in the second password field, submitted the form and got the message, "Preferences updated, password changed, re-login on the main page".

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 13 Apr 2004 13:48 
You don't need to fill out neither first, neiter second password field if you are don't changing it.

Author hugh
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 13 Apr 2004 13:54 
Ah Ha! Though password is still starred as a necessary field when one is editing preferences. So my mistake is understandable.

FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Editing Preferences.. password error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑