miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Author Wimpy
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 29 Mar 2004 07:48 
There seems to be a log in problem in my forum.
When you log in it doesn't show you as logged in unless you log in once again. Then when you log out and leave when you come back it shows you as logged in then after you make a post it shows you logged out again and you have to log in to make another post.
I don't think it is a cookie problem because it is happening to pretty much all the members. I have no clue what else could be causing this problem??? Help!!!

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 29 Mar 2004 10:17 
Show us an example.

Author Wimpy
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 29 Mar 2004 10:45 
An example? ok not sure if this is what your asking for but here it goes.

User goes to forum homepage enters username "user" and password "*****" and clicks enter forum. It takes user back to home page and instead of saying logged as user it has the username and password boxes so user has to enter it in again and clicks enter forum and now it says logged in as user. User clicks logout and it shows that user is logged out. User returns later to forum homepage and it says logged as user but user didn't login again and user makes a post , the post shows up from user but so does the username and password boxes again and user is logged out without logging out. The logging out part only happens when the user returns to the forums after logging out and leaving and it shows user still logged in.

Is this what you meant? Sorry new at this.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 29 Mar 2004 10:55 
Wimpy
I meant - REAL EXAMPLE (URL). Where it happens.

What is the $cookiename?

Author Wimpy
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 29 Mar 2004 11:28 

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 29 Mar 2004 11:38 
Your $main_url varries from page to page. Set it to http://www.spillyourgutts.com/forums/ (incl. www) in your options. I mean to say - set it the same way how you are rediresting to it from main page.

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 29 Mar 2004 11:39 
Yes, and remove my registration please (nick: paulminibb).

Author Wimpy
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 30 Mar 2004 05:45 
Thanks Team.
I think the problem is fixed now but i had to drop the / after forums bacause it wouldn't work with it in. But once it was dropped it seemed to work fine.
I removed your registration like you requested.
Thanks again. : )

Author Team
8-)
#9 | Posted: 30 Mar 2004 09:51 
Wimpy
Oh yeah, slash also was incorrect (like said in manual also).

Author Wimpy
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 3 Apr 2004 06:46 
I thought it said that but when you posted it with the / i thought maybe there was a mistake somewhere. But all is well now and that's what counts.
Thank for your help oh wise one.

Author scristi
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 19 Jun 2004 16:56 
Hello:

I have the same problem, can't log in any member now (it was working fine some days ago)

http://foros.hostingfull.com/

Any ideas?

Author Team
8-)
#12 | Posted: 19 Jun 2004 17:07 
what is your server configuration?
are all users unable to login or only you?
make sure main_url variable is correct in your setup_options also check cookie expiration time and try writing error_reporting(0); on top of setup_options.php

Author ripper
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 7 Mar 2008 11:04 
I also have problems with logout. When any user logs out, it is still shown that the user is logged in. But you cannot post, it just stays like that maybe for 2-3 min and then it is shown that user is logged out. First when I installed forum, everythings was fine for quite a log time and only recently this problem appeard.

Maybe it's a cookie problem, but I cannot figure it out.

Any ideas?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 7 Mar 2008 11:20 
If this problem appeared recently it's related to anything except miniBB ;-) So I personally have no ideas... without seeing on example and debugging the code it's impossible to check what's going wrong.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑