®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

run _install.php file...?

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 14 Mar 2004 16:41 
Hello,

I'm following the instructions in the manual and I don't understand the line "Run from your browser the _install.php file".
When I write "file:///home/user/minibb/_install.php" in the URL bar Mozilla asks me what to do with _install.php.

What am I supposed to do ?

Thank you.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#2 | Posted: 14 Mar 2004 19:02 
you'll need to copy the files to a webserver, then go to _install.php.

you can't use _install.php on your own machine (unless it's running a server/mysql server).

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 14 Mar 2004 20:28 
Hello,

Thanks for your help.

Actually I installed apache and mysql on my computer (I thought I could test minibb on my machine) but obviously it is more complicated to use than I thought !

I guess I'll have to wait for mysql to be activated on my isp account...

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 15 Mar 2004 10:22 
There is nothing complicated in using mysql/apache on Windows. You need to use http://localhost ... if you were installing everything correctly.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 run _install.php file...?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑