Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /  

Writing a CMS for miniBB

Author FerRory
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 29 Jan 2004 21:06 
Hello everybody

I am building a cms and because I gonna use this board. Can anybody explain me how the rights system of miniBB works.
I know a lot of php and mysql but to learn how miniBB works is to much time for me.

Thank you in advance

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 29 Jan 2004 21:25 
right system? do you mean like moderators, private forums, post only forums etc.? it's all described here:

https://www.minibb.com/forums/index.php?action=manual#privateforums

starting from private forums and so on...

Author FerRory
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 30 Jan 2004 12:42 
I read that part already.
I don't gone make CMS for miniBB because the code style is terrible.
Sorry that I say it.
I have decided to make only a CMS without a forum.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 30 Jan 2004 14:39 
The code style the easiest you can even imagine. If you mean by "code style" that we have no comments or tabs - it's another thing.

Author FerRory
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 30 Jan 2004 15:01 
Yes it is easy to write it.
But if you want to work with it is not easy to understand it.

Author terex
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 19 Mar 2004 12:10 
FerRory: But if you want to work with it is not easy to understand it.

As man who writes his own forum engine based on miniBB, i can say authors has wrote really trasparent code! I even don't need to experiment with diffrerent variables values to understand how it works. Just one look to code is enouth!

Yes, i was a bit confused when didn't find traditional code formating. But it's not a problem. Solution is format it by hands :)

--
sorry for my russian english

Re-cycled miniBB Support Forums / Re-cycled /
 Writing a CMS for miniBB
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑