®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Why the code is not indented

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 27 Jan 2004 02:14 
Commenting and indenting the code would make my life soooo much easyer .

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 27 Jan 2004 10:09 
Welcome to open source, where everyone programs the way he wants.

Author 4days
Champi0n
#3 | Posted: 27 Jan 2004 21:19 

Author karlo
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 22 Mar 2005 23:20 
I would like to create MODS and themes in miniBB. But the code is really hard to read. Do you have a easy-to-understand version of the code?

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#5 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 06:51 
What is MODS in your terminology - moderators? And what is themes - topics or skins?

Anyway, I'm afraid that the version in "Download" is the only one available and nobody could offer you a kind of abridged "light" version "for children" :) miniBB is the easiest possible for setup and all is in the manual.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#6 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 07:20 
By 'mods', Karlo probably meant 'modifications.' :)
- mb

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#7 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 07:33 
I cannot understand him :) I know that "mod" is called, too, an addon, a plugin that adds, modifies, or replaces some function of a given software but I doubt that karlo has that in mind... In his case I'm "helpless to help" despite my desire :)

Author lime
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 08:14 
Yes by MODs he means modifications/addons/plugins/hacks, etc.
Play around with the code (or just look at it often), I think it'll start to make sense after a while =)
In any case, good luck.

Author karlo
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 09:31 
Yes by MODs he means modifications/addons/plugins/hacks, etc.
Play around with the code (or just look at it often), I think it'll start to make sense after a while =)
In any case, good luck.

I love miniBB. What if I have more than 2 thousand members, is it ok? Please help me to understand the code of this forum so that I will really master it and create a Modification for it.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#10 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 09:55 
Here there is all you need:

http://www.php.net/

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 10:28 
karlo
Please help me to understand the code of this forum
So, what is the problem to do that? We have open source board. Download it and learn it :-) We don't use classes, objects or another difficult things. The code is module-oriented, but really easy programmed. Ask more precisely what do you need.

Author karlo
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 10:45 
So, what is the problem to do that? We have open source board. Download it and learn it :-) We don't use classes, objects or another difficult things. The code is module-oriented, but really easy programmed. Ask more precisely what do you need.

module-oriented??? what's that? does the code has comments in it? and what's classes and objects? i think ipb uses classes and objects. does this forum uses that too?

Author Team
8-)
#13 | Posted: 23 Mar 2005 11:08 
karlo
We DO NOT use classes and objects. We DO NOT use tabs, comments etc. since we don't want to make size of scripts bigger. Module oriented - we INCLUDE corresponding module each time we do separated operation.

Author Anonymous
#14 | Posted: 30 Apr 2005 22:57 
I'm just curious why miniBB code is not indented? I'm not complaining or anything, but most code I've seen is indented and this one isn't. I was just wondering if there was an advantage? thx -- great program, guys!

Author Team
8-)
#15 | Posted: 2 May 2005 16:03 
What exactly do you mean by "indented"?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Why the code is not indented
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑