miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

About Converting / Migrating miniBB to/from other board scripts

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 24 May 2002 22:36 
Has anyone written scripts for importing data from other forum scripts - eg. from phorum, UBB etc

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 27 May 2002 10:20 
Anonymous
We have no such kind of requests yet... Probably because miniBB is a good way to start, not migrate ;)

Author PeKa
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 28 May 2002 11:55 
Importing Data results in many incompatibilities, concerning threading of postings etc.
For each different forum script there had to be a converter. With different versions of each forum system in mind you'll go crazy! : )

But maybe you could at least import user data, that's basically a DB-table naming thing but also dependent on how many and which fields the original table has.

I guess this would be a project of it's own and would only work for a single version of two board systems.

But you could transform your data using excel using DB-dumps back and forth.

Author Anonymous
#4 | Posted: 11 Jan 2004 11:49 
Is there any import utilities out there for moving messages and member login info to MINIBB from IPB (invision powerboard)? www.invisionboard.com

Most often what new bbs systems overlook is the way to import messages and members to the NEW bbs systems. I think that is an essential for success.

Author magic-
#5 | Posted: 12 Jan 2004 15:59 
I am using phorum on my site. But i like miniBB more :)

How could I change it. If I only install it I will lose all the previous data (postings)
there is no users in this board.

http://www.phorum.org

If you could make something like update for this...

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 13 Jan 2004 04:14 
ugh, all things we have you can find in our downloads section. I've created a script to convert from vbulletin board to miniBB once but it's not available for public though.. vbulletin changes its database with every version and we don't have time to make a special convertion tool with every new version they have.

same thing for phorum.. but for phorum we haven't even created a conversion tool. nobody asked for it. if you want we can make it for you though but for some reward of course, cause it's not that easy to make a conversion tool like that.

Also you can wait, maybe somebody from miniBB.com forums made a tool like that already and can share with you?

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 27 Jan 2004 18:19 
Anonymous
Heh, and they ask $60 for conversion from their board to others :) Ok, for $50 we'll convert any non-tree board like invision board, vbulletin etc.. to miniBB format ;)

Author Anonymous
#8 | Posted: 11 Jun 2004 11:30 
Anyone knows any convertor from IPB to miniBB. can help?

Author Team
8-)
#9 | Posted: 11 Jun 2004 14:47 
No convertor sorry, we can do conversion for you for $50 .

Author Jesper Wille
#10 | Posted: 21 Feb 2006 10:35 
Team -

I too would like to make that switch... FIY and in case a conversion script pops up somewhere!

Jesper W. of Cph

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 21 Feb 2006 12:43 
Jesper Wille: currently, we are providing only paid support on that.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 About Converting / Migrating miniBB to/from other board scripts
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑