| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Linking to a profile page using the username

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 22 Jun 2003 06:57 
Ok,

I've noticed that in the URL to a user's profile, the reference is the ID:

index.php?action=userinfo&user=225

Would it be at all possible to have the username instead?

index.php?action=userinfo&user=Username

See, I use a script for news on my site where I could link the Name of the author of a piece of news to it's miniBB profile, if I could somehow include the username in the URL.

As I am not a programmer I am unable to hack the news script to add an extra field for the user info where I could place the miniBB User ID number.

Any suggesitons?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 25 Jun 2003 10:56 
User information can be viewed only by ID (and it depends not on news hack, but on miniBB itself). I guess, this is not the best idea to view info by username, since username can contain some specific symbols which need to be translated into HTML special codes, and this requires additional programming.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 27 Jun 2003 12:44 
thanks for the reply. makes sense.

I'll figure somthing out. I'll see if I can add an ID field to the news script i'm using.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 27 Jun 2003 12:52 
Using an ID is the most secure and simple solution - so, of course, you can do that.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Linking to a profile page using the username
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑