miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Windows- Admin Sign-In not working

Author kjohnson33
#1 | Posted: 8 Dec 2019 21:35 
I have spent hours triying to install minibb on a Windows WAMP system. First I tried to follow the directions in the minibb manual, then I tried to do it as shown in the YouTube video by Coding Trabla Tutorials. Results the same. Install appears to go good, then when I try to sign from bb_admin.php, it does not sign in, and displays no errors, it t just re-displays the same sign-in screen. I think it would be helpful if your software was easier to install. Problems up-front will discourage users.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 9 Dec 2019 20:41 
kjohnson33:
I think it would be helpful if your software was easier to install.
I couldn't figure out an easier way of installing things as they are present now, and truly, it doesn't appear to be a miniBB problem... if your web server works OK and configured properly, then it takes a couple of minutes to install miniBB.

It would be great to know about your configuration, i.e. what kind of Windows, Apache and PHP versions do you have.

Also, do you run any other PHP apps on your WAMP configuration?

I know about the redirection problem Windows-based configuration could experience (and most likely you have a redirection problem), and for this we have an option in setup_options.php, which looks like this by default:

//$metaLocation='go';
You have to de-comment it so it looks like:

$metaLocation='go';

If it's enabled, the script will use an intermediate HTML template for redirection, instead of a header.

Also, you may have a mistake in the cookies configuration. The cookie is not being set, that's why you are redirected to the same login screen 'cause the script couldn't authorize you.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Windows- Admin Sign-In not working
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑