Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Freelancers are the future according to research

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author manishaboche
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 29 Nov 2018 13:13 
The term "freelancer" typically refers to a self-employed person who has no long-term employment contracts or commitments. While "independent contractor" might be the appropriate box to check when filing taxes, a freelancer is the more commonly accepted term. Simply put, a freelancer sells labor to clients or employers on a short-term basis. The freelancer may be paid on a per-hour, per-day or per-job basis, or any other arrangement that the freelancer and client can agree on.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 29 Nov 2018 15:18 
Freelancers are "now". Present, not future :)

Author manishaboche
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 29 Nov 2018 17:19 
IT engineering: What is It?
Information technologies are omnipresent, yet IT engineering remains a mystery to many. To most people, an IT engineer is a wizard behind the screen who makes sure computers work smoothly. To an extent, they might be right, but there is much more to the vocation than just installing a firewall and updating the OS.

Engage IT engineers anywhere anytime.

And it is important to differentiate between career paths here, because the sector is so prolific and ever-changing, that knowing what exactly to expect from it is the key to becoming a happy IT engineer.

Firstly, IT engineers may either specialize in software development or computer hardware engineering. The first includes computer programming and smartphone apps, and the latter – designing physical products.
IT engineers may expect high salaries and good job prospects. After all, the vocation is in high demand and the market is expanding so rapidly that even better opportunities are to follow. As a matter of fact, the demand for IT engineers has increased by 22% from 2012. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, software development jobs were expected to rise 17% from 2014-2024 – way faster than average.

Hardware engineers earn $84,600 to $135,840 per annum, depending on their skill set. Applications software developers earn $102,160, on average, and systems software developers – $108,760 per annum. Job offers are diverse and abundant, both in public and private sectors. Software developers often work remotely, which allows them to keep to their lifestyle and work from pretty much anywhere in the world.

This is important to keep in mind. Online outsourcing is a rising trend, so if you'd like to turn freelance or work for an international company, the job might prove a good match. Hardware engineering is another matter entirely, and especially in large companies. Hardware engineers make sure that networks operate properly and that every employee does the job without interruptions.

Finally, there are network engineers. They work with computer networks – intranets and extranets, and typically need to be familiar with different network types (LANs, WANs, WLANs, VoIP, etc.).

What about downsides? Every job has some, and IT engineering is by no means an exception. Due to the specific job requirements, IT engineers might be required to work overtime whenever the need arises. Recent research has shown that, on average, IT engineers work approximately 25% more than 40 hours weekly. Work environment might be stressful, especially in large companies where there are many employees. Finally, to aim high, software developers and leading programmer positions may call for an advanced degree.

Author RinaV23
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 28 Mar 2019 06:55 
Great...

Author Patnaude
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 16 Apr 2019 14:08 
Are any of you guys full-time freelancers? Do you like it?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 16 Apr 2019 18:57 
Patnaude:
Are any of you guys full-time freelancers? Do you like it?
Freelance doesn't suppose the "fulltime" mode at all. Freelance is about working at any time you prefer. Most often it could mean up to 5 hours per day, but this is truly a condenced work, and it's really about working, no huge coffee breaks or disputes with no sense.

The most unpredictable side of it is that there could be no free weekends in their meaning, 'cause a freelancer should be up to work when there is a job. However a vacation could be aligned at any comfortable time, and working freelance, you definitely have more time for yourself, if you adjust the working mode properly.

Author Biju Augustian
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 21 Aug 2019 12:18 
Free lancing can be a part time job at the beginning. Later on as you get more out of it,can slowly move in to a full time method.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 21 Aug 2019 17:40 
Biju Augustian:
Later on as you get more out of it,can slowly move in to a full time method.
It rather depends. As older you are getting, as less time you'd like to spend working for an uncle, as less motivation you have getting up at 7 AM each morning, and ending at 7 PM ;) Аll work and nо рlау makes Jack а dull boy.

Author Biju Augustian
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 22 Aug 2019 12:20 
I mean only those motivated group. Thanks for your view Paul

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 2 Sep 2019 20:16 
A note about the difference :)

How do freelancers vs. office employees get sick

Author Nasirmahmood78
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 6 Sep 2019 19:38 
good

Author jhoney
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 23 Sep 2019 15:11 
Are any of you guys full-time freelancers? i have many account in websites off freelancing but no jobs yet any help

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 23 Sep 2019 17:21 
jhoney:
Are any of you guys full-time freelancers?
I couldn't say for everybody, but I am personally not a full-time freelancer. Usually I work from 2 to 5 hours per day - depends on the task's novelty and significance, as well on my state of health.

jhoney:
i have many account in websites off freelancing but no jobs yet any help
Could you mention websites where did you post your profile?

I suppose, the measure of your importance depends on your years of experience, the tasks you completed, and specially on how others rated your work - so you must collect some reviews or sort of other kind of response from your customers.

Author jhoney
Partaker
#14 | Posted: 26 Sep 2019 13:52 
jhoney:
i have many account in websites off freelancing but no jobs yet any help
fiver freelancer upwork ....

Author jhoney
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 26 Sep 2019 13:54 
i can't put links here to my profiles up till i post 25 comments

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Freelancers are the future according to research
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑