miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

What are you planning next for minibb?

Author Pop2019
#1 | Posted: 1 Sep 2019 06:28 
Just a curious user of the software here.

Do you have any plans for minibb coming up? Small? Big? No changes?

Love the approach to the software by the way.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 1 Sep 2019 18:12 
Hello,

thanks for your interest :)

One of the newest additions we plan to release, is the Contacts script for miniBB. That one we are using on our primary website and which now runs even without the Captcha installed, and despite we could get up to 100 spam messages each day, the all are successfully cut out. This will be the Premium add-on ($10). The script would be possible to install also on any website in the standalone mode (not attaching it to a miniBB-forum).

In the nearest time, possibly during September or October 2019, I also have plans to release miniBB version 3.4.1. It will contains some minor fixes and additions, but so far there is nothing security-related discovered.

These days we are also working on the moving to the new 2checkout platform, which could make the processes of purchasing our Premium stuff more simple and straight-forward. The routine we are using now, got too old.

We are still in doubt if we should switch to https, this is marked in plans, but not too close.

I was also thinking about taking a look at the Bootstrap and if possible, make miniBB a connection with it. But this is only if I have more free time, which isn't now.

Some of the current miniBB add-ons could be extended with new options; for example, Favorites could have similar to Checker algorithms to check if there were new posts in the watched topics, and how many. I.e. it would be good to extend this add-on, making it better aligned for watching topics. Also, the Likes add-on could be the next in the new releases, but I'm still thinking how to implement it better.

Other than this, the work on miniBB continues in its stable mode, which includes free and custom support and bug fixes, if they are found. Stay tuned! :)

Author Pop2019
#3 | Posted: 2 Sep 2019 06:00 
Oh sweet, those all sound nice and modest!

Would it be appropriate for me to make requests and suggestions here?

#1 - The Contact Us script/addon -> any chance it could be directed to the PM inbox instead of an email? :o I would love this as I'm trying to avoid the use of email 100%

#2 - Favorites/Checker -> This may require extensive re-writing: how about combining them! I have both of these and your idea makes a lot of sense.

I will make some further suggestions right now in the appropriate sub-forum

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 2 Sep 2019 19:55 
#1 Having more features for this add-on makes sense :) It shouldn't be difficult to implement, so I'll probably take my time to develop it. The add-on will not go on sale until we build the new routines with 2checkout, so there's still time to make it. But it will be available only for miniBB-based forums version, not for the Standalone script.

#2 By their nature, Checker and Favorites are very different scripts. Checker is more for instant watching all forums you select, and it's more for hardcore members/admins/moderators. The idea I have for Favorites, means you watch only those topics you select, incl. they could be your own topics. Some users need only to follow their selected stuff, so I suppose, combining both add-ons would bring more confusion, that's why by now it would be better to keep them separated.

You are welcome to provide your suggestions anytime and anywhere on this forum. :) Thanks!

Author shreyashinde
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 15 Nov 2019 11:30 
Good to see more features regarding developers' info, courses and more. I hope you will add this to minibb. Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 15 Nov 2019 18:40 
shreyashinde:
Good to see more features regarding developers' info, courses and more.
Not sure I've understood this properly... if you are about adding fields to the user's profile, and if you are about customized fields, that's the task which you already could adjust to a specific project. Check an example of adding a custom field to the Profile in the related article.

If you've meant something else, please be more specific about it, so everyone could understood :)

Author ivan79
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 9 Dec 2019 16:07 
Paul:
I was also thinking about taking a look at the Bootstrap and if possible, make miniBB a connection with it. But this is only if I have more free time, which isn't now.
Bootstrap is nice, but take a look materializecss (could not post a link, just google it if you want). I am using it for a while for my own projects.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 9 Dec 2019 20:32 
ivan79:
take a look materializecss
Thanks for the tip! I'll keep it in mind (as this thread as well ;)

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 What are you planning next for minibb?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑