Advanced search lacks AND parameter?

Author Rider
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 9 Mar 2019 12:23 
When I do an advanced search on Minibb 3.3 with:
Search for = "lsjhdflsdf"
Fields = "Topic titles"
Username = "Rider"

I get 10 hits (well, ok, 11 hits including this post) where I would have expected to get 0 hits because I never typed the word "lsjhdflsdf" in a topic title. So it seems to me that there is an AND missing.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 9 Mar 2019 22:43 
If I remember it properly, when you search by a username, whatever typed in the search phrase is ignored - that way only posts or topics created by a certain user could be found. But I'll take a look during the next working week.

Author Rider
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 9 Mar 2019 23:57 
That is indeed what happens: the search phrase is ignored. Next question would be: is this how you want(ed) it to work?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 10 Mar 2019 11:00 
Rider:
is this how you want(ed) it to work
Yes, it could be like it has been planned intentionally; but I will check. There's no a big deal to add AND condition for the next version, even if it's not present now.

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Advanced search lacks AND parameter?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑