®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

YouTube video search and forum BBCode

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 16 Oct 2018 00:37 
I combined a YouTube script and the minibb forum today. Works well. You can read a little about it and try it out - well apart from actually posting as a guest - on the page below.

The site I am developing was to be a cycling website originally but I changed my mind. Now it is a site for me to mess around with really. It is growing at quite a rate of knots. Still very much in the development stage and I have quite a bit of work to do with removing all references to cycling.

The site has multiple minibb forums. Registering on one registers on all as well as login and out. It is jammed with minibb extras - a growing list.

The list of upgrades I have carried out - plus some I have created such as text enlarging & Bitchute videos
http://mkj.brainwaving.co.uk/coding/index.php?action=vthread&forum=5&topic=17

YouTube search and BBCode
http://mkj.brainwaving.co.uk/coding/index.php?action=vthread&forum=5&topic=18

Maybe the YouTube search and BBCode post is of interest? The YouTube script only costs $15 and I use it all the time. It displays through a Fancybox iframe.

https://codecanyon.net/item/youtube-api-ultimate-integration/403773

Regards
MKJ

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 18 Oct 2018 23:08 
After a follow reading, I'd be happy informed, in short, what benefit this combination brings :)

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 18 Oct 2018 23:18 
I would have thought it was pretty obvious?

Goes like this ...

Music forum for instance. A user can now stay on the site without having to open another window to YouTube, or visit YouTube and come back to the forum. All they need do is click the icon, search for videos, play them and when they find a video they like click the copy button and close the display down (as the display has been created by Fancybox this is very easy - seamless in fact) and paste the code where they want the video to appear (when a user clicks the copy button the video URL is enclosed in the necessary BBCode).

Makes it all so easy.

Author HerbertHef
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 19 Oct 2018 13:01 
That's pretty neat. So this script only works for Youtube content and no other similar services like Dailymotion?

Author Bluesplayer
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 19 Oct 2018 13:11 
HerbertHef:
That's pretty neat. So this script only works for Youtube content and no other similar services like Dailymotion?
Only works with YouTube.

I upgraded it last night to show the Channels. Handy when you want to see similar content.

I intend to add my own recommendations - or popular playlists etc - and show / hide them with a link at the top of the display. As I am creating lots of different forums (all are separate form each other but with the same users - registration & login / out is for all) I will carry this out for all sorts of interests.

As for Dailymotion you could locate other scripts (not sure if there is a Dailymotion one?) and then load them from a menu as the script is loaded through an iframe. You will obviously have to alter the script a fair bit though to get all this to work. The ability to copy the video address enclosed by BBCode from a button was something I added, though the universal code for the copy process (that works on mac - ipads etc) I found on the net.

I will do a write up on how I managed this quite soon.

Author alvina kaith
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 5 Mar 2019 11:23 
thanks for this

Author RinaV23
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 28 Mar 2019 06:32 
Thanks this helping me

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 YouTube video search and forum BBCode
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑